GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI vs G35

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Damn I got dusted... it was mid noon on the 405 North after the 10 FWY... Pulled up behind a G35 Coupe in traffic, and I saw him look at me in the rearview mirror. I guess to egg me on, he hard-braked me and took off... I said what the hell, I tried my best to follow him in and out of lanes (bad idea). For those of you that know the area, by the time we got to the Getty Center He was a good 100yrds ahead of me. I would catch up and just get stuck again behind somebody going really slow. I think he was surprised how I could keep up, like I said I would be able to catch him, and he would just drive crazy again. Damn I need a BT!!!

GeeTEye

Go Kart Newbie
Like water off a ducks back. A $40,000 V6 with 80 more horsepower. He better have beat you. I love being the underdog playing with the big boys. Most of the G35's I've seen were modded on top of already having the advantage. When you see one modded with wheels and everything he's knockin at the door of 50 grand. Gotta give you props on taking the challenge.

BOOSTEDGTI

Not to worry. When you get chipped you'll be able to take a G35. I have the APR stage1 chip with the stealth exhaust. I dusted one from a 60mph roll and extended my lead to 4-5 car lengths before he gave up.

turbodsg

Ready to race!
But dont bother with the Supercharged ones... there are plenty of them in socal

Saw a G35 that the guy had rebadged the whole car to say nissan SKYLINE, and he did a good job about it, even had nissan rims. made me wonder if he had shipped one over, but it wasn't right side drive so it had to be rebadged. But when they supposedly do come out again in a few years that will be nice.

gCHOW

Autocross Newbie
Saw a G35 that the guy had rebadged the whole car to say nissan SKYLINE, and he did a good job about it, even had nissan rims. made me wonder if he had shipped one over, but it wasn't right side drive so it had to be rebadged. But when they supposedly do come out again in a few years that will be nice.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE WHEN PEOPLE SIMPLY REBADGE THEIR CARS TO BE "JDM"

i've only seen one when i went to the track that was totally worthy of the badging. the guy did a total makeover of the engine and installed the twin-turbo setup on his sedan.

and btw, that g35 that was going northbound on the 405 after the 10 around midnoon was probably a punk ass ucla kid who's daddy bought him his car. racing on that stretch of the 405 is insane with the amount of cars... glad you were keeping up with him! :thumbsup:

once you get chipped you'll probably take him on a empty road. otherwise, it'll be a battle of whos crazier..... kinda like that M5 vs. RS4 video on YouTube.

and one more thing... go bruins!!!

fahrven

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
yea, go bruins.
not surpized that a rwd w/ 300 hp beat u. spend 2g's on your car and you'll take'm

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
gCHOW lolz, funny you mentioned that vid, I posted that vid too.

and thanks for not making me feel bad... that guy was driving pretty crazy, almost getting hit twice. I bet I would have been able to pass him if I were driving nuts like he was... and FYI I have GIAC X+ and EvoMS Intake