GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" huff tire pressure

avonord

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mazda 3
it's been a long wait, but I just picked up my GTI a couple days ago. The car is beautiful. (Photos to follow in later posts) But I found that the tires seem a bit flat. I measured the tire pressure, it is 32psi. According to the menu, it should be 35psi. I called up the dealer service department, and they said they fill all their cars to 32psi, and 35psi is only a "max". So, should I believe them or they don't know what they are talking about?

BTW, my car tires come with Nitrogen on delivery.

Thanks

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
it's been a long wait, but I just picked up my GTI a couple days ago. The car is beautiful. (Photos to follow in later posts) But I found that the tires seem a bit flat. I measured the tire pressure, it is 32psi. According to the menu, it should be 35psi. I called up the dealer service department, and they said they fill all their cars to 32psi, and 35psi is only a "max". So, should I believe them or they don't know what they are talking about?

BTW, my car tires come with Nitrogen on delivery.

Thanks

You will never go wrong using the pressures shown on the placard found on the drives door jamb. Never assume a dealer is correct, while some are, many are not. I would use 35-37 if I were running TPMS, definitely not below 35 psi

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
For most people, most purposes, most conditions, that sticker in your door jamb is perfectly fine to go by.

The only real exceptions are competition or heavy loads.

Personally on 17" Denvers and Potenza RE050s, 36psi all around works fine.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
i always go by what's on the sticker.. over time i'll go down to around 32 -31 then i'll fill up. Im not sure but i think that the TMPS kicks in when it's about 25 or 20.

Subduedracer

Undercover
Car(s)
2009 Tiguan
I run 40 psi

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI

MADgolFER

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 MkV
if your tire is filled with 78% nitrogen then your tire is filled with atmospheric mixture. atmosphere is 78% nitrogen 21% oxygen and 1 % other crap.

BOz

Keep right except to pass
Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
mine came with nitrogen and @ 35psi.. I keep it right there..