GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To get the paint protection or not..

ZeroSlash

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you did get the paint protection that the dealers offered. If you did get it, do you think it made a difference if it's on :iono: .

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
NO

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
Sounds like an option to part you with more of your money. I'm sure where you live, the snow flies often, corrosion protection for the underside isn't a bad idea. I think you could buy that and put it on yourself though without too much trouble.

rich10

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn't get it. My dealer wanted to charge me out the ass for it. About $900. Kits and install costs when I checked around town were around $500 average.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
My father-in-law went with a privite vendor to apply 3 M paint protection to his new BMW. He saced 50% over what the dealer wanted for the same stuff.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
If you're hell-bent on buying paint protection, go to a third party like JimmyT's father in law. I wouldn't really do it unless it was a reputable company like 3M, and even then only if I lived in a harsh environment.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Ok heres the low down, I got the 3m paint protectant from GM for my GMC truck, it cost me 10$ per month extra on top of my payment for 6 years. In short I got ripped as I found out later some shops will give an employee discount to gm employee's for 150$ for the whole truck.

So dont do it, save your money and pay for it in cash. cheaper going direct and not through a dealership.