GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone wait this long?

Toolman

UG Owners Club UG0011
So....ordered the car on June 2ish. Talked to the dealership today and I might not get it till November/December. The car hasn't even started the build yet. Is 6 months normal? I am ready to jump ship here....

Toolman

UG Owners Club UG0011
Plyngntrffc said:
DAMN, thats what you get for ordering i guess, not taking one off the lot?
There isn't a single Grey 3 door in Canada from what I gather. Hell...there aren't many GTIs at all available.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
cant go down to the states and pick one up there?, idk the laws or w/e, but that blows so happy i went to a dealer that had 30 :)

danno

Ready to race!
mine is supposed to be getting built today, hopefully at least. i'm going to contact my dealer next week and see if it's still on time. due nov 6, for 5th ave

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
My dealer showed me I'm in the queue for manufacturing as of August 3rd.

And then he said 8 - 12 weeks... Im gonna be optimistic and say the end of Sept! :smile:

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
took me a month 2 get my gti.

Zorro

Go Kart Newbie
Hi guys,
I ordered mine in May and I got it just yesterday.
I have the UG 5 door, leather.
I have to say that is the best car I've ever owned, considering that I've had BMW and Audi before. It's justa fun car to drive.

For those waiting, I can say that I understand. it's painful to wait so long

Take care guys!

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
luckily, I got the first GTI in edmonton, :thumbup:

but I was at the dealer last week, and asked about any more coming in, and he said the factory is back ordered big time, long wait!:iono:

what can I say, all I know is I waited for two years for the new GTI to come out, and it was worth the wait!:bow:

:evil:

gyuri

Ready to race!
I ordered mine on April 27th and picked it up on July 21st. Nearly 3 months wait. Just what the dealer estimated at the time of order.

danno

Ready to race!
i talked with my dealer on monday, he said yes it is supposed to be built today. he will get a vin number as soon as he can. how long does it take to get a vin??

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
danno said:
i talked with my dealer on monday, he said yes it is supposed to be built today. he will get a vin number as soon as he can. how long does it take to get a vin??

According to my dealer it should have a VIN not long after the manufacturing date. Congrats you are two weeks ahead of me!

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered mine May 15 and finally took delivery Aug 25. The dealership had estimated end of Aug to beginning of Sept. They now tell me that whoever orders one now will be lucky to get it before Christmas. I am lucky that I ordered mine when I did. It is well worth the wait though. I would post a pic of it, but I am having problems because I have not posted pics on here before.It is asking me for a URL but the pics are on my hard drive.
My GTI description is above a couple of threads.

danno

Ready to race!
i ordered mine from derek at 5th ave on july 5th. if you need help pm him (ginch), he's on eurodrivers.ca. if you got 18's they might be waiting on those. when i ordered mine he said i could get it in october but i wanted in november.

november 6th i can't wait
what did you order exactly
me- cw, 2dr, lux leather package, 17's