GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, for just $15 you can get 30PSI?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
HERE IS THE INFO.

Use this kit to fine tune your Diverter Valve for your specific requirements.
Includes the following -
4 - Springs
3 - Spacer Shims

Spring Color Key -
Green - 5 to 15 PSI
Yellow - 15 to 23 PSI
Blue - 23 to 30 PSI
Red - 30 PSI +
Spacer Shims are used to for additional spring pre-load.

http://www.evolutionsports.com/productDetail.cfm?catID=150&ProductID=2635

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I remember a good friend talking about a fish tank something or another working on the Grand Nationals and Turbo Trans Ams of 1989. I'm pretty non-tech when it comes to turbo modifications and what other supporting goods you need when you change certain things. I would imagine this combined with the APR or Revo programming would make really impressive numbers.

sorry, but due to lack of background info on this product...
could it be that those are to be used IF you have that much psi (not to create it)?

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
I'm not turbo expert either but I don't think 30 psi + 10.3 a compression ratio is a good idea. I image it would be pretty difficult to push the solid rocket fuel required to run those kinds of numbers through the fuel injectors.:eyebulge:
:bellyroll:

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
GTi Fanatic said:
sorry, but due to lack of background info on this product...
could it be that those are to be used IF you have that much psi (not to create it)?
I believe those are used to RAISE boost pressures to those levels. The stiffer springs would make it harder for the DV to blowoff the pressure, causing the boost to increase.

Is there anybody on here that knows about turbos that can clarify this for us???
:iono:

RallyVWDan

Passed Driver's Ed
We use similar things on the diesels to keep from overboosting. We tune our boost with the ECU and then use a valve to keep from overshooting that number by more than a few lbs. If you do overshoot you get to tell VW how you were bone stock when the thing flew apart like a 2cent firecracker and how you always drove the speedlimit and don't even know what a jackrabbit start is.

Wantagti said:
I remember a good friend talking about a fish tank something or another working on the Grand Nationals and Turbo Trans Ams of 1989. I'm pretty non-tech when it comes to turbo modifications and what other supporting goods you need when you change certain things. I would imagine this combined with the APR or Revo programming would make really impressive numbers.
My brother did the same thing on his 90 Talon. He got some good PSI. it was 2 fish tank air valve controllers that you turn very gently so as to not give too much air.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah...my buddy had a Chevy Sprint Turbo, we did the same thing with the air valves from a fish tank. His motor went about 6 months later. Not sure if it was that or the way he drove.......or that it was a suzuki rebadged as a Chevy.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I don't see how these would increase boost pressure, it would increase the resistance before the diverter valve releases the pressure but a diverter valve doesnt determine how much pressure goes into the engine. The wastegate spring on the turbo is what determines the boost pressure, so thats what would need to be upgraded. And yes, I dont think its wise to be running 30psi on such a high compression engine, that and its probably going to cause the turbo to be working out of its efficiency range causing a loss of power and a screwed up engine + turbo :p

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Just to add, the purpose of those springs in the pic would be useful when you are running higher boost levels than standard to the point where the standard diverter valve springs would leak under the particular amount of pressure. Unsure how much boost pressure the standard springs can handle though.

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Thanks for that sublyme...I learnt something new today. :)

GoBlueVDubDude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV, Red
Uh, those springs are not for our 2.0T engines. They are for use in a Forge Diverter Valve (aftermarket), like the type used in 1.8T's. Has no one here ever owned a car with the 1.8T? :confused: