GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com help?

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
Hey, sorry to be that guy who posts in the general thread cause he doesn't know where to post, but I need some help from somebody with a vag-com. I have a few things that I want to do to my car, and undo (car came already vag'd when I bought it, I think by its first owner, and there's this really annoying feature I want turned off.). So, anyways, if anyone lives near lafayette, boulder, or somewhere relatively close and has a vag-com, I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out. I'll even pay you for your time if you really want. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
I'm in Denver, and can help, but probably can't do it till next week. PM me if interested.

Oh, and the regional forums are the place for stuff like this.

PM'd.:thumbsup:

And thanks for the info on the reigonal forums, I've never seen one that looked like Denver area would be in it.
So, mods, if you'd please move it to the appropriate forum that'd be great!

Last edited:

JPGTI

Ready to race!
That link I gave is the new vag-com locator website. People post up there if they have vag-com and what they want in exchange for their services or letting you borrow it. Some people do it for free, others a six pack, or whatever they feel is appropriate. I just ordered my vag-com cable, so I can mess with it all the time. Expensive, but once you get one or two CEL you will want to know what's up.

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
That link I gave is the new vag-com locator website. People post up there if they have vag-com and what they want in exchange for their services or letting you borrow it. Some people do it for free, others a six pack, or whatever they feel is appropriate. I just ordered my vag-com cable, so I can mess with it all the time. Expensive, but once you get one or two CEL you will want to know what's up.

Yeah, see I'm 17 so a six pack isn't really that feasible.
And thanks for the link, I'll definitely use it in the future.

Cosmo

chillin'
Most of the local VW chip tuners also have VAG-COMs and know what they're doing. I'm sure they would be willing to hook you up for a reasonable fee, or will do it for free while they chip you.

Just a thought.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
moved

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
Most of the local VW chip tuners also have VAG-COMs and know what they're doing. I'm sure they would be willing to hook you up for a reasonable fee, or will do it for free while they chip you.

Just a thought.

That'd be good, but I probably won't chip it until my warranty goes, and since it's a certified pre-loved, I'm pretty sure that's at 80,000 miles or in 3-4 years.

Thanks!