GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change Intervals after 10,000 miles

gti19835

Passed Driver's Ed
Well i've somehow managed to put 10,200 miles on my GTI after exactly three months - this included a move from Providence, RI to San Francisco, CA. The car has been amazing so far and held up great on the trip. I just got my second oil change at 10,000 miles.

I'm reading through the service manual, and I'm not sure if the next oil change is at 15,000 miles or at 20,000 miles. The manual specifies for the 1.8L Turbo GTI at every 5,000 miles. For a 2.0L Golf it says every 10,000 miles after the first 10,000. Nothing specific to the 2.0L Turbo GTI. Which do you think?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
gti19835 said:
For a 2.0L Golf it says every 10,000 miles after the first 10,000. Nothing specific to the 2.0L Turbo GTI. Which do you think?

They're referring to the 2.0T. VW doesn't make a 2.0L N/A engine.

trick000 said:
I'd do it every 5k miles.

waste of time and money

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Please call your dealer for that info.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I thought the 2000 beetles had 2.0 n/a engines. So seeing as you're wrong on that fact, you might also be wrong on the other. And luckily, I have time and money to "waste". :p

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
trick000 said:
I thought the 2000 beetles had 2.0 n/a engines. So seeing as you're wrong on that fact, you might also be wrong on the other. And luckily, I have time and money to "waste". :p

Okay, let me make myself more clear - VW doesn't make a 2.0 n/a engine for the Golf/Rabbit :rolleyes:

And, I can assure you, I'm not wrong on the other. Unless you're operating your GTI in severe driving conditions, i.e. short trips, dusty or sandy conditions, cold weather, extended idling periods, trailer towing, etc., there's absolutely no reason to change your oil before its scheduled interval.

Then again, it's your car, your time and your money to waste (not "waste"), so it's your call :iono: