GOLFMKV

Infraction? What the hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
So I was lucky enough yo recieve an infraction recently from one of the mods about something in my sig, no warning, just an infraction with email. From what I understand theres no way to remove this sudden infraction, just live with it.
I would like to know if theres way way that we could get a warning before an infraction? I had this in my sig for several months before getting an infraction on it. It was non-ofensive and I never had any complaints about it. The content of the sig isnt the topic, but the fact that I was given a non-removable infraction for something that Im sure everyone on the site had seen for months and didnt have a problem with.
Im still a little upset about this since I am constantly reminded of this infraction with a red card that I now have to look at every time I visit my profile.
I am very active in this forum and try to help everyone out that I can, which is exactly what I was doing with that one liner in my aig that I got an infraction for.
All I'm asking is that maybe we could get a kind message from one of the mods or something about the issue before we get stuck with a permanent infraction on our profile for something that went overlooked for monthes, especially something like this, I can understand if I was deliberately breaking rules or starting shit with another member, but I wasnt, I was doing the forum a service, and not stepping on anyones toes or offending anyone.

Edit: Since neither the particular Mod nor the content that was in my sig are the topic, both will be withheld, Im not trying to point fingers at anyone, I would jut like a fair warning before being stuck with an irreversable infraction.

JhnR

Banned
man that sucks.

really who cares its a forum.

the mods take their jobs like they work for FBI

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
It just eats me up, ya know. If you dont think youre doing anything wrong in the first place, and then having it up for several months, youd for surely think youre o.k. I didnt even understand where he was coming from at first when I got it, and the point is he could have resolved the problem without giving me an Infraction, just give me a kind email asking me to take it down.:iono:

dont get me wrong.

i think they should do their job but a little warning never hurts anynone.
Thats exactly what I mean, thats fine they have a job to do, but do what you gotta do while using your brain and resolve it as simply as possible. It almost makes me want to believe he just wanted to give me an infraction for some other reason.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Don't worry too much, one infraction in and of itself means very little. The system is used so that all the mods and admins know that you were warned about it. Sending a PM is not as effective because it's hard to keep track of what PM was sent to someone. Also, infractions can be reversed and it has been done in the past. Of course, it's only done in circumstances where there was a mistake somewhere on one of the administration's side. If you feel that this is the case, then please contact the mod who gave you the infraction. Furthermore, the infraction you're talking about has already been expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.