GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got rear ended...not bad but grrrrrrrrr...

So I'm waiting at a light, got tapped from the back, enough for me to go WTF?!?? So I look in the rear view and i see the guy back up...he's driving a Merc. ML320 SUV.

So I get out, he gets out, all I can manage to say in shock was DUDE, NEW CAR!

He's like I'm sorry my foot slipped. So I look at the damage, it's as you see below plus a few other little minor white specks. Now I know what you're thinking, goddamn that's nothing, but still, NEW CAR!

So I pull him into a nearby parking lot and call a friend of mine who's a bodyman. He tells me get a police report, but we don't have to go through insurance, its just so he actually HAS to pay for it either way and doesn't run saying he doesn't know me. So I tell him this and he's PISSED! He says "I said I'd take care of it why do we need the cops?" I'm like "so you don't wake up tomorrow and decide nothing happened".

So we wait, almost and hour and a half and 2 calls to 911 to get the cops down (First call apparently they had no record of WTF?!) During that time, his father (who was celebrating his 30th wedding anniversary and I was ruining that BTW) and his uncle come down. The entire time, they are bashing me, and mocking me, and saying all sorts of lovely things like "I hope you get a flat, I wish that on you, I wish bad on your car" Stuff like that...including "You must not get laid much, you're really fucking uptight". So I sit there, and I smile, and I just state the facts..."Dude, bottom line, you hit me, its a new car, that mark wasn't there when I got it, I want it fixed".

Cop shows, talks to the guy first, guy says "i didnt even know I hit him until he got out of the car". Now what were the first words he said to me when it happened??? Oh yea, "I'm sorry my foot slipped", not to mention the fact he backed up. So I told the cop all this, apologized profusely for bringing him down over something so small and simply stated what happened and I just want it fixed. The cop must have seen this type before cause he said its ok, winked at me, and said I should do what I have to do.

It goes on and on but I'll spare you the rest, it was just too redicilious.

Now for the pics...its about the size of a quarter, really small...but still, its there on my new baby. Part quoted from Legend in Amityville is $122.46, plus labor.

Attachments

• GTIBumper 002.jpg
    GTIBumper 002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 686
  • GTIBumper 003.jpg
    GTIBumper 003.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 695
Lets reverse the roles here and see if he wouldn't be "f*&king uptight" had you bumped his brand new Benz. I'm sure he would have been reeeeaaalllly understanding that your foot had slipped. Why would you pull up so close to someone that if your foot simply slipped you ran into them, leaving a buffer zone is always a good idea. make him pay and get them all painted too :biggrin:... i don't think he'd shell out for that, but it'd be nice payback for pain a suffering of the new car.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
not too bad dude, u can prob buff that out, now u have an excuse to color match your bumper and side valences. :)

Thought about that, having it sanded and painted, would def get rid of the mark, as long as the money the guy shells out covers the paint plus extra for my body guy, I might go that route. Either way, I'm not gonna be a dick about it, I just want what it would cost to fix the right way. What I do with the money at that point is my business.

alf said:
not too bad dude, u can prob buff that out, now u have an excuse to color match your bumper and side valences. :)

Unfortunately, its not buffable, its the rough finish plastic. Buffing wouldn't do anything.

The more I think about this, its a lot of work to sand the parts down right and paint them, probably not worth what, the 200 i might get for this? Probably just gonna replace it.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
NoRegrets78 said:
Unfortunately, its not buffable, its the rough finish plastic. Buffing wouldn't do anything.

The more I think about this, its a lot of work to sand the parts down right and paint them, probably not worth what, the 200 i might get for this? Probably just gonna replace it.
sory cheif thats what i meant :thumbsup:

you can probably get it painted for that much, MAYBE.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
You screw up and hit someone's car, then you have the audacity to belittle them for wanting you to pay for a part replacement that YOU are responsible for damaging? Give me a break!

I hope this guy and his family have the same thing happen to them. Then we'll see how "fucking uptight" they can be.

Assholes. People have no respect for others' property.

Of course not...oh another good one was he tried saying shit like "how much was that thing anyway in the 20's give me a break."

I flipped on that "Yea like 24k, and you know what, to me thats a lot of money and I busted my ass for it"...he saw me get enraged when he tried to belittle me and backed off on that one.

Another thing I remembered, some kid in the lot came up to the scene with the cop there and started asking the other guy if the GTI was fast, he's like no its slow come on its a volkswagen. So I turn to the kid and be like don't listen to him, he hit me and he's pissed im making him pay for it, its my car and no its not slow, I love it. We talked for a little while the cop was doing his writeup, kid was kewl, he wished me luck and left.

dmclone

Oval Champion
Since you have the guys name I would find out where he lives and do something....oh wait no I wouldn't but he deserves it.

Trust me, after everything the dad said about all the bad things he wished on my car, having his name and address is invaluable to me right now.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
NoRegrets78 said:
Trust me, after everything the dad said about all the bad things he wished on my car, having his name and address is invaluable to me right now.
PM me his address, ill make his credit and his mailbox full of "goodies"

and i dont care if its a small fucking nick of a dent, if i know who did it, hell is going to be raised.

alf said:
PM me his address, ill make his credit and his mailbox full of "goodies"

and i dont care if its a small fucking nick of a dent, if i know who did it, hell is going to be raised.

I appreciate the offer boss, but as of right now he is supposedly taking care of it...words are words...

Let's see if he makes good...

icedragon

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Good for you for standing your ground and staying calm.

And what a jerk! He was the one who rear-ended you. He should have stayed quiet, instead of trying to mock you.

If it was me, I would have made a joke out of it.

For instance, you said the jerk said the scrape was nothing and that his car is more expensive anyway. I would have said, "Well if you can supposedly afford a Mercedes, paying for a bumper you damaged should be nothing. Unless you're a poser."

And when he said your car was slower to the young kid, I would have said, "Well, it's not the speed of the car that counts. It's all about the driver. Some drivers don't know how to drive and crash into other cars."

And when his uncle wish you a flat-tire, I would have said, "Flat-tire? No problem! I have run-flat tires!" (Even if I really didn't have run-flats).

Of course, that's just me.
But yeah, if I was just standing there and waiting, and had some time ...
I would have said those things and made a joke out of it.

The important thing is that you're ok. Best of luck with your car :thumbsup:

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Keep us updated, man. This guy has no idea what kind of community he's screwing with. Dubbers are a family, from a New Beetle 2.slow to a Phaeton W12. We're all in the fam and we watch out for one another.