GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Colormatching sides and rear.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
I'm about to have this done (and install my Osir lip). So I went down to the body shop, and he said that because it's textured plastic, he can only sand it, prep, and paint. Some of the texture might show. Is it possible to buy an untextured set of sideskirts and a rear valence?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Ya know, in all honesty, I havn't seen any, however I did get my sides just done, and it was sanded down to pretty freakin smooth, so I really dont think youll have a problem with the texture once its sanded down properly. Plus with the primer, paint and clear coat you should have a pretty quality job as long as you trust the person doing it.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
okaaaaaay. I'll do it! I'm dropping off the parts to be painted next week :-D

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Whafrodamus said:
okaaaaaay. I'll do it! I'm dropping off the parts to be painted next week :-D

They should sand, prime, paint, sanr and repaint, then clear. More work, but it will come out glassy smooth and will hold up much better. You haven't put any armor all type stuff on your have you? This will make it much harder to get the paint to stick well.

RSC17

R32 OG
MKV6SPD said:
DO IT NOW!! You know you like it

Please tell me that isn't a weiner on the bottom left of the back window.

Back on topic....

paint them for sure. I wish they came from the factory painted. I don't really like all the plastic.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i was going to get mine done but i live in N.E so im not sure if its going to hold up during the winter time with the crazy weather...it my chip AND stuff

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
GTIkid said:

it is... :biggrin: a local made it... haha

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
GTIkid said:

Just when you guys thought "the shocker" on a car was something. I bring to you "the dick".:laugh:

I'm sorry. You gotta admit, it's kind of funny. You got a dick on your car.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Damn right.I got a penis on my window.You have to see the cute girls that look/point/and after that they laugh but with there hand over their mouths.So does my peener remind the pretty girls of a sexual act or something because they cover the mouth?Haha because I swear they all do the same thing when I see their expression in the mirror.Oh well