GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone seen aluminum look mirror covers??

PD Crack

Ready to race!
As Title states... I've been looking for some brushed aluminum mirror covers that would match the interior detail strip.
Same look as the RS4 mirrors.

Also looking for a Dash Kit in brushed alluminum as well.

I've tried searching... If anyone has seen either of these items I'd apreciate the help.

Cheers,

Nikerey

Darkness
scuderiavw said:
i am chasing the answer as well, apparently noone does it yet, and the chrome one is not my taste.

Why not take the chrome ones and sand them a bit and make them look brushed?

PD Crack

Ready to race!
Nikerey said:
Why not take the chrome ones and sand them a bit and make them look brushed?

Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't think it would turn out that great. I haven't seen the chrome ones in person but I figured they would have some sort of clear coat on them. I presumed they were made from plastic and had a chrome paint on plastic not solid metal polished to a chrome finnish; but I may be wrong.

Anybody??:help:

Nikerey

Darkness
PD Crack said:
Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't think it would turn out that great. I haven't seen the chrome ones in person but I figured they would have some sort of clear coat on them. I presumed they were made from plastic and had a chrome paint on plastic not solid metal polished to a chrome finnish; but I may be wrong.

Anybody??:help:

Another option is brushed vinyl. It actually looks very real, unlike Carbon Fiber vinyl. The only thing you would have to worry about it im not sure how well it will strech for it to wrap around the mirror. but calling up any major vinyl shop in your area that is used to doing full car graphics (ie promotional graphics not ricer graphix) will be able to get you an answer.

PD Crack

Ready to race!
Nikerey said:
Another option is brushed vinyl. It actually looks very real, unlike Carbon Fiber vinyl. The only thing you would have to worry about it im not sure how well it will strech for it to wrap around the mirror. but calling up any major vinyl shop in your area that is used to doing full car graphics (ie promotional graphics not ricer graphix) will be able to get you an answer.

Thanks,
Thats a good Idea... So you are saying get a graphics shop to make a vinyl decal that looks like brushed aluminum right? I might look into that.

But as you mentioned it might look a bit strange stretched around the sharp corners of the mirror.

Hopefully someone comes out with this Item soon. I think with the addition of a few tastefull bits of aluminum on the exterior and interior would be sweet.

Anyone seen a dash kit yet?

Thanks for the help so far.

Nikerey

Darkness
PD Crack said:
Thanks,
Thats a good Idea... So you are saying get a graphics shop to make a vinyl decal that looks like brushed aluminum right? I might look into that.

But as you mentioned it might look a bit strange stretched around the sharp corners of the mirror.

Yeah there is actual vinyl that looks like brushed aluminum...and it looks very real. And you need to find a good vinyl shop, since it will be more work than just making your standard vinyl sign. Look for a shop that has done car graphics like this....

Attachments

• Wrapped350smaller.JPG
    Wrapped350smaller.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 658

PD Crack

Ready to race!
Yeah for sure... I think that could really work.
If you take cover off and a shop could shrink wrap or heat wrap the decal on I think it would look pretty good.

Thanks for the idea, I think I'm going to follow up on this.
Cheers,