GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painting Rims

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Have any of you guys painted your rims yourself? What color did you go with if you did? I like the factory 17" rims but I would like to do some sort of rims in black on my UG GTI. I was thinking about painting the factory rims but not sure about black on the UG. I already have blacked out VW logos, tinted mirror blinkers, Tinted windows, and tinted side markers. So if you painted your rims post em up...

RSC17

R32 OG
i thnk the 17's in black would look great. hopefully by saying "painting them" you actually mean powdercoating them.

Nikerey

Darkness
GTIkid said:
i thnk the 17's in black would look great. hopefully by saying "painting them" you actually mean powdercoating them.

why? you can paint the rims...its cheaper and if your good to your car and dont curb them you dont have to worry much about chipping them.

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
Personally, I'd go for powdercoat. Painting the wheels will give you a better finish in most cases, but your durability is much less. The only time I paint wheels is if they need to be color matched. Beyond that, basic colors like black and white are best when coated.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thta's the pic I wanted to see Shifty....thanks. Yeah, I know powder coating is the best. I just wasn't sure how well the factory rims painted black were gonna look on UG.