GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Time Buyer and College Grad Programs

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I'm eligible for both (just under the 24 month limit on graduation and my current Miata was never financed).

Went to the VW website and it doesn't have much detail other than sounding like you don't have to have a co-signer, you can have a job for less than a year, or a credit score, yadda yadda. That stuff doesn't matter, as I have an excellent credit score and been working at the same place since graduation.

The site says "contact dealer for details". I don't want to as I'm not conivinced they'll give me the full skinny.

I want to know if I'm eligible for a cash rebate or a reduced APR (on the current 3.9% for 48 months), and how much that is.

Anyone here used either of these programs?

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
I use the first time buyer program. The college grad program is better.

You WILL NOT get their really good deal like the low APR.... unless you have a lot of very good credit. Chances are being elgible for these programs mean you dont and they will stick it to you. Expect a very high APR. I am basically living that reality (with not much credit but all good) and gonna refinance in 6 months.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
Damn. I was hoping for a cash rebate.

I have been approved for the 3.9/4.9% already, so it sounds like these programs don't do me anything. :(

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
well good for you on the rate!

Yeah the programs arent meant to give you a bonus for being that group, its to get you financed when you otherwise wouldnt