GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW new car warranty question

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
I know the dealer would be the one to talk to on this, but I thought I'd try here first.

Does VW offer any kind of 'loaner car program' with their warranty? The reason I ask is my Mazda does and it was a life saver when Mazda had the exhaust recall. I was without my car for a month :thumbdown: , but I had a free Mazda6 loaner to beat the crap out of :thumbup: .

I'd like to know that if the VW is out of comission for a few days or longer I won't have to drag my 240sx out of mothballs.

bilbos

On the Kop
I know they offer you a loaner car if you need an oil change/service etc. but I don't think this is exactly what you mean. I suppose it might come down to the individual VW dealer as to whether they would loan you a car in the long term, if you required substantial work to the GTi.

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
the dealer that i am going though the saleman told me that if anything goes wrong with the car or i could have them pick up the car for an oil change and they would give me a loaner it would be a volkswagen or where i am getting my car i could get an infinitanty (spelling) but i would not be left without a car hope that helps you just ask your dealer or saleman

GoBlueVDubDude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV, Red
VW does not offer a loaner car as part of their warranty; it is up to each individual dealer. Also, just because the dealer tells you that they will have a loaner car for you whenever you bring your car in for service, don't assume that will last. I made that mistake when I bought my '04 GLI. I was told by the dealer at the time of purchase that they will always have a loaner car for me when I bring my car in for service, which is the main reason I bought the car from this dealer. Six months later, when I needed to bring my car in for service, I was told by their service department that they no longer offered loaner cars to people with VW's, only for their Audi customers. :mad:

Well, I had the last laugh. I drove 2 hours to Chicago to buy my GTI this time. That dealer will not get any more business from me, besides warranty work. Screw that dealership!!! :biggrin:

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
don't even do the warranty work there, they get reembursed for it bigtime. By law you are able to take your car to any VW dealership for warranty work. They should be glad to take care of you because you are basically a payday for them.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My salesman is a cool guy. Also, the dealership I went to is also the Infinity and Audi dealer so I get excellent treatment. When I bought my car I got a complete tour of the tech are....even talked to the mechanics.

My dad's Chevy dealer give him a loaner for warranty work. Just don't forget, those of you under 21 won't get one. Which really sucks because if I was living on my own, out of town away from my parents and had my car in the shop, I'm screwed.