GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stone Chips on car paint?

Zorro

Go Kart Newbie
Hi guys,

Just wondering how are you dealing with stone chipping on the front of the car.
I've seen nasty damage done by flying stones on the road and wonder if anyone of you is using some type of protection to minimize the damage.
Any thoughts?

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
kirk180 said:
Two words:..are ugly.

Umm I dont have it on all the time. Only for long trips where I know there are going to be trucks and debris on the road. I mean it protects you not only from everything mentioned but from nasty bugs we got here in Florida like love bugs that create this nasty bug juice on your front end that eats through your paint if you dont remove it quickly. Bad stuff. Believe me, I'd love a world w/o car bra's but I dont live in that world yet.

To quote "Almost Famous"

I didn't invent the rainy day...I just hold the best umbrella.

Zorro

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you for the part #. I'll follow up.
Does anyone has a picture with a GTI with nosebra?

BurntGauge said:
Yes there is both a clear bra and custom bra that fits the GTI. The custom bra you can get from the dealership is part # ZVW-193-042 for the MkV GTI. It's 120 bux. Not bad at all.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
PAINTERS TAPE! Or one of those leathery black bras for long trips. Honestly, I think a bra that is removable would be the best choice.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I do a lot of motorway miles, and the front of my car is all chipped up real bad... 35k miles will do that, it's definitely a respray job though.
Once I've done that (probably wait 'til after this winter so that all the gritting machines go away) I'll definitely invest in a bra. I think they are pretty ugly but necessary. I've thought about having that clear film applied to the leading edges as well... all will have to wait 'til after a respray job.

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
commuter said:
3M clear bra. I had doubts about it initially, but it's virtually invisible. I've got it on my car now.

X2. :thumbsup:

I got a huge chip right in the center of my roof thanks to a rock skipping down the highway last week... :mad: