GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PS3 to Computer Monitor

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
I understand this can be done. I have this monitor http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/LG_W1952TQ and since it has HDCP should work. I also hear that it will not be 1080p though, so will it be 720p? What determines the 720/1080p if the screen res is 1440x900? Any help would be nice thanks.

Acid

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 DSG GTI
Man good luck with this.
I got a cable from ebay a while back that goes from HDMI to a DVI, and I could never get it to work on any of my monitors. I changed settings in the PS3 nonstop and tried everything and never got it to work.

Im not sure about the 1080p/720p, but your resolution should be able to be set in the Ps3 menu. Because you have to tell it if you're running a 4:3 or the other for widescreen... At least I think. I wish I coulda got mine to work. I'm tired of playing on a tv that isn't capable of high def.

Car(s)
08 VW GTI GKV
Just a heads up, I did this on my crap box 360 bout a year ago, bought the special adapter from microsoft. The picture was great but something about the monitor/xbox with the refresh rates couldn't quite work out, got real choppy anytime the character would move (think i was playing graw 2 at the time) and a lot of ghosting (no pun intended).
I ended up buying a lcd tv with DVI inputs so I could use it for my computer and ps3 using HDMI.

Last edited:

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
Im sure it works as well but only to the resolution of the display. On the 360 supports many resolutions depending on the aspect retio (16:10, 16:9, etc. ).