GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 GTI VS 2006 Mustang V6

GTI689

Oval Champion
2006 GTI Manual tranny vs a 2006 Auto Ford Mustang V6 both cars have close 0-60 times just wondering who do you think will win?

bring that v6... make it a v8 mustang to my GTI anyday and i'll tell u right now... i'll win..

thank u revo

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
unreelaznguy said:
bring that v6... make it a v8 mustang to my GTI anyday and i'll tell u right now... i'll win..

thank u revo

Wow, that's pretty confident. Not saying that I doubt you, but have you raced a 2006 V8/GT Mustang (300hp & 310tq.)?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I need to take a seat and scratch my head...I mean I guess its possible, I didnt' even know REvO released their chip, guess I should check that out first

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
according to the site the REVO chip can pull about 303 ft/lbs of torque and 262 bHP. Thats relatively impressive, and close competition with the APR chip. Another race, that could come down to the wire. I'm sure a Turbo Back would put you a little over the edge.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
vdubGTi said:
Come on, mustang v6, peace of cake. You smoke em just like its slogan says: FORD=Found On Road Dead.

I have no doubt about beating a V6 06 Mustang. It's the V8 that I questioned.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Come on:rolleyes: .... this is an easy one.

you will smoke the V6, but i seriously doubt that you can beat the GT.. Even with the revo remap.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
What's funny about all this is the screen name of the guy who posted saying he could beat a 2006 GT/V8 Mustang. It's "Unreelaznguy" :laugh:

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
When you get enough power though I'm sure a V8 could be fun to dic* with...its good fun on a saturday afternoon

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
The weights are close enough and the power is close, but where the torque is can make a slight difference. The v8 GT is a rear drive so has a weight transfer advantage over the GTI. If the drivers are of comparible skill I still think it would be a close call between a stock Ford GT and a chipped+ GTI.

I'm sure we'll know by spring though.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Those V6 mustangs are no slouch. They run low 15's with ease. Have you run it yet? I drove an auto v6 mustang when they first came out and was shocked how quick it was. Don't jump the gun thinking you'll spank a GT. They run 13.50's on a bad day.