GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Tail Lamps Install Help

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I found the DIY over on the Vortex on how to install the lights.. But the vag com coding is what im not 100% sure about. Does anyone have more clear instructions on what bites and bits need to be changed to make this work?

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
What feature do you need to program for the tails? Rear foglight? Also, what version of VAG COM do you have?

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
tmrakip said:
What feature do you need to program for the tails? Rear foglight? Also, what version of VAG COM do you have?

I already did the Rear Fog mod a long time ago with my north american tails. What Im looking for is the coding needed to run the different R32 tail lights. I know the controler needs to be recoded. I think its something 13, but thats all I know. The r32's have amber turn signals and when you brake only the outer circles light up vs. full circle in north america.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
I know I'm bumping a super old thread, but I have the same questions.

I've done all of the splicing correctly but I can't find a DIY for the vag-com work that needs to be done, any help would be appreciated.

TIA

all you have to do to make this work (amber signals) is go to Byte 13, now you have to change the value to [00].
i think stock value is 14.
and Byte 9 to [0F]

Last edited: