GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning wheels 17"

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
What do you guys find the easiest way to clean the stock 17" rims are? I was using a rag thing, that takes way to long. Pressure washer maybe? How you guys clean yours?

Mateya

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
pablo at the hand car wash.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
:laughabove: :laughabove:

lol. Hard back aching of crouching down and manually moving the scrub in between the spaces.. lol
Just don't sit down.. I had ants invade my pants one time... :confused:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Take your time and hand wash and polish them. Power washer?:eek: Not my baby, she deserves some TLC.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I find that my wheels dont get that dirty at all...whenever I wash my car i wipe them down with a soapy sponge then dry them off and they look good as new!

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
gatorfast said:
I find that my wheels dont get that dirty at all...whenever I wash my car i wipe them down with a soapy sponge then dry them off and they look good as new!
so do you downshift quite a bit during hard drives to slow yourself, cause w/ me the break dust always builds up when im driving her hard...

gatorfast

man amongst boys
actually no i never downshift, i just dont seem to get a lot of brake dust (and im not complaining about that!)...maybe since my car only has about 4,300 miles on it the brakes dont give off too much dust yet? i just made that one up

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
My car only has 2200 miles on it and there seems to be a good bit of buildup on them. Ill just take the time with a rag and clean every part of them. I have noticed that some of the brake dust really builds up and is really hard to get off. What are some products that are good to clean rims with. Figured id ask since this thread was already started.

Mateya

Medder

Passed Driver's Ed
You can do whatever you want as 1st step, to finish off wipe it with Methylated spirit, it will keep the wheel look 100% new, this will usually last for about 2-3 weeks, depends on the amount of driving.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
This detailing shop that I went to used Chrome cleaner on my 17's and the dust and dirt was dripping right off. Then they used a power washer. Some stuff you have to get down and clean yourself but the Chrome cleaner takes off most of it.