GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting songs from iPod to new Mac...

Car(s)
07 VW GTI DSG
I've googled for awhile with no success. I had a PC with an iPod that was synced to it. The PC has crashed and I bought a MacBook. Now if I try to upload my songs that I have on iTunes on my Mac, it's going to reformat the iPod to Mac and I'm going to lose what's already on it. Is there anyway to get all my songs that are on the iPod, onto my Mac without having to rebuy/reload the albums/CD's?

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
if your ipod is reformatted than your going to lose all the songs. If your PC is crashed than you're basically SOL. However, on the new itunes on your macbook if you log in with your user name than you get get your purchased songs back. It's called reauthorized or something.
Actually, it's store -> Authorize -> Check for songs.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
I use a program called ipod viewer. It lets me move songs from one mac to another with my ipod. Haven't tried moving from a pc to mac with a pc formated ipod, but this is freeware so it's worth a try.

Last edited:

maxgtiturbo

Banned
try putting it in disk mode check the box in iTunes then open your "disk" on your desktop and then you should be able to see the folders and such and look for you music it might not work with DRM music tho good luck and congrats on the mac!!