GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i am being ripped off

latenite

Conan O'Brien
i went to the pasadena volkswagen dealership to test drive the gti, and boy do i love it. ive been looking at these forums for about a month trying to gather up all the info i could about this car. the gti i test drove was a fully loaded 06 with package two, nav, 18" huffs, dsg. the price he quoted me was around 35k out the door including dealer fees, tax, and licensing. i asked what a package 0 with dsg would cost and he said probably around 26 OTD. i know that since i live in socal that the price would be higher than most other parts around the country but i looked at how much you guys pay and it seems like you guys are paying 5-10 grand less than what i was quoted. i know i can probably get the price down a couple grand, but its a stretch tryng to get them down more than a couple. what the heck!?:confused:

p.s. these forums are great! i love how most everyone encourages each other and gives their opinion and advice.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Work with other dealers and have them compete for your business. Do it all over the internet/phone. It doesnt even have to be a dealer in your city. The dealer I bought mine from was around 100 miles away.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Thats nuts dude...keep searching around. I got my package 2 GTI for way less than they quoted you for a package 0.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
pkg 0 + serious for 22,995, plus tax fees and what not, so yeah thats not really a good deal what he's tryin to give u

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i got pkg 0 and paid 21000

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
hey mate welcome to the forums.. buy from another dealer because that guys just trying to get you to pay more.. besides the further away you go the more you get to experience the car on the way home!

KaynE

Hey... I went to Pasadena VW... they like to rip the pants off you.

I then went to Mckenna. They have horrible service there and like to tire you out.

I went to Glendale. I talked to Carlos. He gave me the best deal. I got the pkg. 0 6 spd. 23,850 OTD. MSRP was 22,620. If anything, he'll give you the best deal too. Just tell him the dude who bought the grey GTI in April sent you. lol

35k OTD... you can buy a way better and faster car with that money.

icculus

Oval Champion
Car(s)
M
KaynE said:
I then went to Mckenna. They have horrible service there and like to tire you out.

McKenna in HB or the other big one with the audio?

I bought my 06 DSG PCK 2 for a VERY good price (My dad also does business with Danny McKenna so that helped)

Had my 5k service @ the HB mckenna and they were quick and washed my car and everything. Im really not trying to plug for them but that was just my experience.

They also tinted my windows for free :thumbsup:

KaynE

icculus said:
McKenna in HB or the other big one with the audio?

I bought my 06 DSG PCK 2 for a VERY good price (My dad also does business with Danny McKenna so that helped)

Had my 5k service @ the HB mckenna and they were quick and washed my car and everything. Im really not trying to plug for them but that was just my experience.

They also tinted my windows for free :thumbsup:

McKenna in Norwalk.

They kept giving me a price and walking back to the managers. I said the price was too high. They walked away for another ten minutes and did it again. Both managers came out and told me that the price they gave me was a great deal blah balh... I hate how they kept bs'ing and wasting my time. And during that time, they got my dad's address and number and a lot of other info. I realized that I should have not given ANY info until the price was neogotiated first. The next day I bought a GTI from Glendale VW. The price was actually $100 over what Mckenna offered, but because the customer service was so great, I overlooked that 100 I would have saved. I was really in and out in less than 1 hour. They threw in a free t-shirt for me. Well maybe because I was still 17 at the time and they were extra nice to me.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
KaynE said:
McKenna in Norwalk.

They kept giving me a price and walking back to the managers. I said the price was too high. They walked away for another ten minutes and did it again. Both managers came out and told me that the price they gave me was a great deal blah balh... I hate how they kept bs'ing and wasting my time. And during that time, they got my dad's address and number and a lot of other info. I realized that I should have not given ANY info until the price was neogotiated first. The next day I bought a GTI from Glendale VW. The price was actually $100 over what Mckenna offered, but because the customer service was so great, I overlooked that 100 I would have saved. I was really in and out in less than 1 hour. They threw in a free t-shirt for me. Well maybe because I was still 17 at the time and they were extra nice to me.

i had a good experience with derek douglas (formerly of capo) with mckenna in norwalk. talked to him beforehand, agreed upon a price, was there for about 2 hours (1 hour was me checking over the car). no haggling at all. this was an 07 gti dsg with huffs. msrp was $24,555, and i paid $25,546 otd.

NEWLU

Drag Race Newbie
latenite said:
i went to the pasadena volkswagen dealership to test drive the gti, and boy do i love it. ive been looking at these forums for about a month trying to gather up all the info i could about this car. the gti i test drove was a fully loaded 06 with package two, nav, 18" huffs, dsg. the price he quoted me was around 35k out the door including dealer fees, tax, and licensing. i asked what a package 0 with dsg would cost and he said probably around 26 OTD. i know that since i live in socal that the price would be higher than most other parts around the country but i looked at how much you guys pay and it seems like you guys are paying 5-10 grand less than what i was quoted. i know i can probably get the price down a couple grand, but its a stretch tryng to get them down more than a couple. what the heck!?:confused:

p.s. these forums are great! i love how most everyone encourages each other and gives their opinion and advice.

VW Pasadena Sales Dept. sucks balls
The internet manager treated me and my friend like crap when we went there to test drive the car
so i left and bought my car somewhere else:thumbdown:

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
NEWLU said:
VW Pasadena Sales Dept. sucks balls

Sexual add-ons would have swayed any deal for me!