GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs. Lexus IS300?

icculus

Oval Champion
Car(s)
M
I really hate these cars and the douchebags that drive them.

How would they compare?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i really didnt race one...but when i was backing home visiting my friends...one of my friends picked up a used one

well we messed around a couple times off a light...he has and auto and i have DSG and right off the light i took him by half a car or so..but we maybe ran for 50yard or so

but im pretty sure we can take them

2JZ-FTW

Ab50lut N00b
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
So...IS300 drivers are douchbags? I guess we are. Dont get me wrong, I love the new GTI/Rabbit/Golf, but damn they are so slow. I was on the highway last night minding my own business, and this GTI comes up next to me and starts pulling. Not only did I rape his ass, but I pulled until we stopped racing at about 125. The end result, the GTI was about 3 car lengths back. My car is 5 years old, automatic, and full of about 200 pounds of spare audio equipment in my trunk. Maybe instead of talking trash, you should get a race on camera. If there is anyone in the NoVA area willing to race hit me up, I wanna get this down in the books.

ssmith

Mk?R
Car(s)
mkV gti
i live in annapolis MD. ill give u a run. but im not calling u out or saying ur a douche bag for driving what u drive. i just like to have fun, no bones about it.

no kicks in the crotch, just to see what happens and have fun.

i stock by the way.

2JZ-FTW

Ab50lut N00b
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
There is a huge meet in Vienna, VA on the 16th of December (Sat). I will be there as well as a few other IS300s and lots of other cars. I have been told that the idea started in the euro forums, so there should be a few other VW people there. The purpose of the meet is to raise toys for tots. If you want more info let me know.

If you cant make it just post if you will be in the area.

Last edited:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Lexus is more of a sporty luxury car though.

maybe so, but if you have a Pkg2, i'd say without hesitation that the GTI is much, much more luxurious on the interior, and if you have a Pkg0 or 1, i'd say it's much sportier than the lex interior...so either way it's a no brainer!

now the new IS250...i can't say anything bad about that car...i drove a 6mt over the summer, those are really really sweet autos...just wish that they would put the 6mt in the 350...

JhnR

Banned
So...IS300 drivers are douchbags? I guess we are. Dont get me wrong, I love the new GTI/Rabbit/Golf, but damn they are so slow. I was on the highway last night minding my own business, and this GTI comes up next to me and starts pulling. Not only did I rape his ass, but I pulled until we stopped racing at about 125. The end result, the GTI was about 3 car lengths back. My car is 5 years old, automatic, and full of about 200 pounds of spare audio equipment in my trunk. Maybe instead of talking trash, you should get a race on camera. If there is anyone in the NoVA area willing to race hit me up, I wanna get this down in the books.

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

u gotta be shitttting me....:bellyroll:

iBoost

SFLMKV.COM Founder
Car(s)
07 Candy White MKV

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

stock you have no chance dude, now on boost and with a supra swap they're amazing, but honestly it will take quite some work to beat a GTI with a lightly modded IS300, they are slow ...

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
maybe so, but if you have a Pkg2, i'd say without hesitation that the GTI is much, much more luxurious on the interior, and if you have a Pkg0 or 1, i'd say it's much sportier than the lex interior...so either way it's a no brainer!

now the new IS250...i can't say anything bad about that car...i drove a 6mt over the summer, those are really really sweet autos...just wish that they would put the 6mt in the 350...

my friend from college has an is300 and i've sat in the pk2 gti's..the main difference is that lexus has full leather seats..not jus seat backs + vinyl side boosters..the biggest problem is really the lack of space in the rear for the IS's

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
my friend from college has an is300 and i've sat in the pk2 gti's..the main difference is that lexus has full leather seats..not jus seat backs + vinyl side boosters..the biggest problem is really the lack of space in the rear for the IS's

Vinyl side bolsters? I don't think so, do you have any info to back that up? I've got a package 2, and it seems like the same exact material all over the car.

well the lex does cost a whole lot more...

And, actually, an IS300 is an old car, not made anymore, replaced by the new IS350, a (stock) IS300 costs about the same as a Package 0 GTI at the most expensive end.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.

yeah i was gonna say the same thing, i have a Pkg2 and it seems like leather all around...