GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Time for a helmet

Today I went to Great lakes dragway for the first time. I started off with a 14.350 as my first run. As the day went on I got lower and lower until I finally got to 14.187. After this I realized I needed to lower the psi in my tires since they were at 45 psi(hot). So I lowered them to about 38 psi(hot) and let the car cool down for a bit. My first run after this was a 14.06 follow by a 14.05 and then a 14.01. I waited 10 more minutes for my car to cool down and went 1 more time. This time I managed: (Lady in ET shack wrote on my slip :D)

Finally I broke into the 13s and this was my last run of the night because I didnt want to spend more money renting a helmet seeing as I already had to pay about 20 dollars for a pair a sweatpants to race in since I was wearing shorts and they dont allow them.

The only mods on my car ar APR stage 1 93 OCT and 18in Konig runaways with all season tires.

Last edited:

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Great times :thumbsup:

What was the weather conditions? Temps, humidity?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Not bad. Quicker than my time with a slightly worse 60', but I still had 4mph on you. That's probably because the DSG makes the car go down the track faster; it can't gather up speed as rapidly.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Few DSG questions for you. I was recently at the track and I couldnt get anything lower than 14.5 (stock ecu at the time). What were you launching at and when did you shift?

For the most part I was launching in the low 2000 range. I would shift at around 6k and at the end of the track id be at the very end of 4th gear. The run I fianlly got 13.9 i when i was in 4th I shifted at around 5500 into 5th because when i wound 4th out I could feel it losing its power. All my reaction times as you can see by the slip were around 1 second or greater because it takes me forever to get into LC :(