GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question to people who Ordered their cars.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Im curious as im sitting here reading through the various threads about people who are waiting for a car that they ordered.

Why exactly did you have to "Order" the car? Do the dealers just not hold that much stock?

There is a VW dealer about 18 miles from my house that usually has about 10-15 of them sitting on their lot at any one time, so it was confusing to me exactly why it seems everyone had to order the car and wait months for it.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
vw only produces a certain number at a time, and those are generally alotted to certain vw's but how many they want, can handle, performance during the previous year or w/e, and that is how they get their inventory, generaly they cant just get an unlimited quality, therefroe if you get there after the stock is out...u have to order one...but if your dealer 18min from u usually has that many...just go buy from them...

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Plyngntrffc said:
vw only produces a certain number at a time, and those are generally alotted to certain vw's but how many they want, can handle, performance during the previous year or w/e, and that is how they get their inventory, generaly they cant just get an unlimited quality, therefroe if you get there after the stock is out...u have to order one...but if your dealer 18min from u usually has that many...just go buy from them...

hehe its 18 miles from me, not 18 minutes! I wish it was 18 minutes! LOL in this traffic it could take me an hour to get there. LOL

Thats what I kinda figured alot of the smaller dealers only have 1-3 GTI's in stock it seems.

mobo

Go Kart Newbie
Getting four doors in about 3 weeks.:smile:

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Very cool, according to thier inventory they have...or have inbound 5 4drs no black ones though.

The interesting thing is that they have a blue 2 door gti listed in inventory as well.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
i called around socal to see if any dealers had gti's in late may. well, they where definately scarce at the time. sure, i can get one, but i'd have to pay a lot for it. contacted one of the dealers recommended on 'tex and he said he could get me an 07 in late july/early august with what i wanted (pkg0 with dsg) for 250 over invoice. the only thing i didn't really want was the huffs. anyhoo, i didn't really order it since i didn't put a deposit or sign any paperwork, but i told him that i wanted the car. anyways, fast forward to last thursday, he said the car would be here last friday, and i picked it up today (or i guess yesterday, depending on where you are).

i actually preferred it this way. the price was known in advance, so i just went in, checked out the car and did a test drive. once i was happy, the paperwork took around 30 minutes, and i was out the door. basically took about 2 hours total, 1 hour was me checking over the whole car.

on my previous purchase, after test driving, you go sit down and wait for 5-10 minutes, the sales guy comes out and talks a bit, goes somewhere for 5-10 minutes. comes back, and discusses the price. says he needs to check with his manager, comes back 5 minutes later, and finally agrees on a price. ok, so now, i sit there for 20 minutes until i do the paperwork. that takes another 10 minutes. ok, so now, everything is done, but they have to prep the car. that takes an hour or two. all in all, i'm out 4 hours of pain. and the one before that was about 6 hours.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
dpham00 said:
i called around socal to see if any dealers had gti's in late may. well, they where definately scarce at the time. sure, i can get one, but i'd have to pay a lot for it. contacted one of the dealers recommended on 'tex and he said he could get me an 07 in late july/early august with what i wanted (pkg0 with dsg) for 250 over invoice. the only thing i didn't really want was the huffs. anyhoo, i didn't really order it since i didn't put a deposit or sign any paperwork, but i told him that i wanted the car. anyways, fast forward to last thursday, he said the car would be here last friday, and i picked it up today (or i guess yesterday, depending on where you are).

i actually preferred it this way. the price was known in advance, so i just went in, checked out the car and did a test drive. once i was happy, the paperwork took around 30 minutes, and i was out the door. basically took about 2 hours total, 1 hour was me checking over the whole car.

on my previous purchase, after test driving, you go sit down and wait for 5-10 minutes, the sales guy comes out and talks a bit, goes somewhere for 5-10 minutes. comes back, and discusses the price. says he needs to check with his manager, comes back 5 minutes later, and finally agrees on a price. ok, so now, i sit there for 20 minutes until i do the paperwork. that takes another 10 minutes. ok, so now, everything is done, but they have to prep the car. that takes an hour or two. all in all, i'm out 4 hours of pain. and the one before that was about 6 hours.

LOL they did that to me... except I left after they did that 2-3 times. I hated waiting. I went to another place and I was in and out of the place in less than one hour with my new GTI :).

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
KaynE said:
LOL they did that to me... except I left after they did that 2-3 times. I hated waiting. I went to another place and I was in and out of the place in less than one hour with my new GTI :).

yeah, a lot of that has to do with the salesman and how he moves things along. mine was helpful and did his best to minimize the wait time.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
Fuzzbear said:
Very cool, according to thier inventory they have...or have inbound 5 4drs no black ones though.

The interesting thing is that they have a blue 2 door gti listed in inventory as well.

BLUE??? You've been smoking something or I haven't gotten high yet.lol
Which dealer are you talking about?

Last edited:

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
vdubGTi said:
BLUE??? You've been smoking something or I haven't gotten high yet.lol
Which dealer are you talking about?

The Autobarn in Countryside.

They emailed me back and corrected the error, they said it was mis-entered into thier system and is actually a BMP