GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1/4mile - What Time and terminal speed?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
I have a UK Golf GTI Edition 30 DSG and I took my car down the 1/4 mile last year and managed a 14.32 @ 98.27mph.

I'm going to another show this year and have decided to have a few more goes down the 1/4 mile. Since last year I have had a few extra mods fitted to the car, the relevant ones are:-

Carbonio CAI
Milltek full TBE
Autotech fuel pump
Forge Twintercooler
Forge DV
Custom remap specific to my car mods

Eibach Coilovers
Autotech lightweight ARB's front and rear
APR torque arm insert

The car has a Stock KO4 and the tuner says that the Turbo is as good as it gets boost-wise and the fuel supply is good throughout the range. I haven't yet rolling roaded it and so do not know the whp/bhp either. All I can say is that it now pulls from 100mph to 140mph like it used to in the 60 to 100mpg range before the upgrades.:eyebulge:

Any peeps on here hazard educated guesses at my 1/4 mile time and terminal speed?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Low 13's easy, at least to me..

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
me? no. I have a GTI with the k03. But people with the same mods as you(pretty much) are running mid 13's in a k03 GTI. So... I would ASSUME that you should be hitting low 13s easy(without difficulty). just MO, I would wait for some others to comment with more track time.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Well, I'm off to the UK Number 1 VW show next weekend and guess what?.....they will have a 1/4 mile strip set up. Slightly different to normal as they will only post 0-60mph, terminal speed and 1/4 mile time. Good enough for me for now. A guy with the same car as me but with less mods managed a 13.2@107mph at Santa Pod a few weeks back and so I'm hopeful of a similar time:thumbsup: A 12 point something would probably give me an org4sm:lol:

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
good luck... I'm jealous cauz we don't get the ED30 here!!!

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
rims and tires should make a difference.

launching my car at the track with the stock rims is just painful compared to taking of with 16'' steelies.

C_Block

Fast
Car(s)
Gti mkv
in the 13's i bet and at around 101mph. few weight reductions and few more mods(meth inje.) would get down in the high maybe mid 12's. lets us know because i'm not sure.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
This weekend is GTI International weekend:thumbsup:

Loads of MKV GTI's and ED30's going down. Looks like at least 15 just on one stand too. Should be some decent times if the weather holds up.

in the 13's i bet and at around 101mph. few weight reductions and few more mods(meth inje.) would get down in the high maybe mid 12's. lets us know because i'm not sure.

With his mods and it being a 30 ed no way its trapping 101, its going to be closer to 110. Theres a guy on the forums with just TBE and flash who ran 13.2@107.

C_Block

Fast
Car(s)
Gti mkv
With his mods and it being a 30 ed no way its trapping 101, its going to be closer to 110. Theres a guy on the forums with just TBE and flash who ran 13.2@107.

i said i wasn't sure. might be more around that. i think i hit 98mph at 14.3. and you said 107mph at 13.2, so your right he could see more around 110mph in 12 range.

Disturbed

WTF - FTW
Car(s)
VW Golf GTi ED30
Just came from the 1/4 mile track here in Iceland and have a time on my car:

VW Golf GTi ED30 DSG 4door (Stage II Unitronic - S3 IC - ATP 3" DP) (on all season tires, not good grip).
13.688 @ 107.16mph
13.706 @ 108.43mph
13.742 @ 107.91mph
(took 7 runs and the worst was 13.8@105mph).

Now i just need good tires and i will go under 13.1.

The Opel OPC is a Stage III (M32 Quaife ATB Limited Slip, full Remus exhost + downpipe, Stage 3 clutsh, Lighter Flywheel
, BIG FMIC, Sway Bar, Stage 3 Rempa TMS and more ) and got 13.41@111mph on Hoosier slicks.

Last edited: