GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing GTI letters from rear?

JDK16v

Ready to race!
How would you remove the GTI letter from the back of the car? Ive been searching but haven't found anything. Anyone?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
let the car sit out in the hot sun for a couple hours or use a hair dryer but be very careful...then once its really hot then u take some dental floss and slide it behind the emblem and just move it back and forth and hopefully it will come off without a problem

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Freek said:
let the car sit out in the hot sun for a couple hours or use a hair dryer but be very careful...then once its really hot then u take some dental floss and slide it behind the emblem and just move it back and forth and hopefully it will come off without a problem
then use goo-gone to get rid of the residue.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
NO googone...could hurt the paint, NO hair-dryer...pointless and time consuming running a cord out to your car...3M adhesive remover, costs like 3 bucks for a can that will hold u for YEARS...some fishing line...put a rag down on the lid near the hatch...under the letters....soak them thoroughly with the 3m stuff...slowly use a "sawing" back and forth motion w/ the fishing line on ONE letter at a time...after you have all the letters off, use some more of the adhesive remover to remove any remaining black stuff...i just used a micro-fiber towel, worked great...took me 5 minutes

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I used a heat gun like we do on all the cars in the shop....came right off with no residue.

Scionic

Autocross Newbie
Get a Sawz-all and just cut that section of the hatch lid off.

Done and done!

(Haha, this is the part where the ideas just get worse and worse)