GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Driving Dragstrip

Vduber91

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 MkV Golf GTI
Anyone have any tips for the best way to get a fast 0-60/Quarter Mile time with a manual? Usually I turn the ESP off, try and get the clutch out as early as possible and shift just before redline. :burnrubber:
Also, I've heard it is possible to launch with a manual. I'm guessing rev it up a little bit and take the clutch out quickly without "popping" it. Any tips there?
Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Rev it up to like 2700 rpm and quickly slip the clutch out without actually dumping it. When I went to the track I shifted that shit a little bit after the redline. Also remember that you are not really competing so after you stage take your time to get the launch right, you dont have to go as soon as it goes green. The reaction time doesn't really help your overall time.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Rev it up to like 2700 rpm and quickly slip the clutch out without actually dumping it. When I went to the track I shifted that shit a little bit after the redline. Also remember that you are not really competing so after you stage take your time to get the launch right, you dont have to go as soon as it goes green. The reaction time doesn't really help your overall time.
good advice, ever run at maple grove?