GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY oil change!!

gaslk925

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I just cannot see paying the dealer $79 for a oil change. I plan on doing my own as i have for the past 25 years. Still not sure if I am going with amsoil or castrol syntec. Been under the car. located the drain plug and what i am guessing is the filter assembly.(under plastuc skirt at front of engine between cooling fans) Either the filter has a cover or its a filter not like the ones we are used to seeing. Also seems to have a hand tightened and drain plug on the plastic case which makes me think there is some kind of cover over the filter. The manual is no help at all. The manual actually tells you you go to the dealer to reset the maintenence reminder. what a load of crap. Any one actually changed their own oil/fltr or had to reset maintenence minder yet? If so please advise! Thanks

big papa

Oval Newbie
Do a search here and @ vortex.com. There are detailed instructions on resetting reminder and changing oil. Also there is a list of very specific oils that VW recommends. Keep you reciepts!

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
I went to VW the other day and those bastards refused to sell me the oil filter bleeder. I was told it was a "Volkswagen Specialty Tool only for Techs"... So Doing a Oil change with out it is "DO-ABLE" just a bit messier becuase I just unscrewed the filter housing with out bleeder the oil out first.