GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello, my title name says it!

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
First off, glad to have found a cool forum. Hopefully there aren't too many do a search Nazi's here. Between my wife and I, we've had right at 50 cars since 1994 and have never owned a VW. I've always been interested in the GTI since 1991 when I test drove a 16V model. I'm kind of glad she's always said "stupid car" all this time. I told her I wanted a 07 Civic Si sedan this fall. She told me it would be another "small" car I would feel like a "punk" in as I have with many others. We have a Mazda6 wagon 5M that we both love, so she suggested I look for a sedan version with a 5 speed. Well, it would be at least $23,500 and I really don't care for much over $20k. I found one used 04 Mazda6 with 15k on it within 300 miles of Raleigh NC where we live. Then I drove through VW with the intention of looking at a stripper Jetta GLI. Then it happened. I saw the new GTI in white. White has always been my car color as my first car was a 90 Civic Si in white. Mistake number two was driving it. Very cool salesman drove it 9/10ths around a circle drive and blew my mind. I can say out of my 50 cars or so, nothing I've ever driven felt as solid and smooth overall as this new GTI. I just want a stripper white one with the 6M trans. The APR chip would just make it sick......

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I think she might just go for it because her having a job again making good money is going to bring some happiness and contentment that will make it easier for me to make it happen. I like the Mazda a lot, but I really, really loved the GTI. Hopefully it's not just that emotional quick test drive allurement. I thought it was one awesome work of automotive engineering. Seeing it in white kind of messed me up too. I would have to paint the black section between the top and bottom bumper grilles though. It would be white. I only hope Rota makes wheels to fit it. You can check them out at www.machiii.net or www.18racing.com Oh, is the 5 door coming here????

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I was fasthappy when I was racing my 99 Z28 that ran 12.0's at 119+. Hello to another Frank Beamer fan. I'm glad our "controversial star" is gone.

I'm more in to driving something that stimulates my driving enthusiasm. Some of the more fun cars I've had are: 90 Civic Si, 93 NX2000, 96 Mazda MX6 LS, 95 Z28 6 speed, two 99 Z28 6 speeds, 95 Formula Firebird 6 speed, 99 Maxima SE 5 speed, 02 Sentra Spec V 6 speed, 94 Mazda MX3 GS 5 speed. I've forgotten some of them. So I think I qualify as a driving enthusiast.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I'll keep the 5 door option as my backup comeback although I like the two door, I have two boys but they're able to climb out and I'm sure it has a tip and slide seat.