GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ground Effect Problems?

piranhakane

I purchased my MKV w/the ground effect kit offered by Vw. So far, I have been back to the dealer 7 times as the paint keeps peeling and the kit is falling off. The dealer indicated that VW is having problems with the g-kits falling off because of the heat- apparently the kits are not bolted on, but clipped and secured by some heavy duty tape.

Anyone having problems w/their kit? This is getting extremely frustrating...

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
mine doesn't fall off (probablly because it's bolted and glued on), and the paint holds up just like the paint on the car (probablly becuase it's the same paint) Good Luck! but it looks like you got the ghetto-rig install done on that Votex kit. Get it painted and installed properly and enjoy.

:headbang:

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
MichaelThomas said:
It's a shame. The VW kit looked really nice.

I wanna compare someone w/the votex kit and painted valences to see how much the difference is. I know the votex kit comes w/a different front lip. But I dont see the point in spending alot of money for body kits. I think w/the valences it has...you can make your car hot. You definitely need to lower it though.
:thumbsup:

918hare

Go Kart Champion
piranhakane said:
I purchased my MKV w/the ground effect kit offered by Vw. So far, I have been back to the dealer 7 times as the paint keeps peeling and the kit is falling off. The dealer indicated that VW is having problems with the g-kits falling off because of the heat- apparently the kits are not bolted on, but clipped and secured by some heavy duty tape.

Anyone having problems w/their kit? This is getting extremely frustrating...

I have only had my kit on for a short time but don't think it would be the heat. Sounds like a bad install. It has been about 115 here lately and I have seen no issues