GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rallycross, who's done it? Because I want to

xyouthx

slow ass car
So, Although I want a Subaru badly, I cannot yet afford one, and I DO love my GTI, so with those things combined, I basically really want to try out rallyx in my mkv. I've never even been to one in person, only watched videos on youtube and what not, so I dont know how much harsher it could be on my car than autox. So I'd like to know if it's that much worse or not since there's less traction I imagine it's easier on your drivetrain in that respect, but the bumpier terrain might make up for that.

Also, I dont plan on buying Rallyx/winter tires, so I'm just going to put my stockers/continentals back on for it since those should do better than my Hankooks, but I guess I should also raise my coilovers up as much as possible too?

Is there anything else I should do to prep for this May 10th event? if I decide to do it that is.

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
Yea thats way way harsher on a car then auto x. Wish I could take a Range Rover Sport out there and show them Subaru's how to do it....

And that song is super gay, like big gay al gay.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
check dis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tb0PTofsFM

(source: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3801404)

xyouthx

slow ass car
exactly what I wanna see..except those are rabbits. but same difference. Now just some feedback.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
well the bmp is a gti, not a rabbit. try contacting the user directly, it's minimaulak on both the tex as well as here.

xyouthx

slow ass car
It wont let me look up his name, must be an administrator....bummer.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I dont see how it could be a whole lot more abuse than regular autoX. The course might not be as smooth, but its alot of wide sweeping turns. I've seen cars scrape their front bumpers in autox just from braking and making a hard turn. And I bet this wont chew through tires quite so bad.

I would recomend a good covering of either some kind of plastic wrap or painters tape for your fenders/doors and things like that.

xyouthx

slow ass car
I dont see how it could be a whole lot more abuse than regular autoX. The course might not be as smooth, but its alot of wide sweeping turns. I've seen cars scrape their front bumpers in autox just from braking and making a hard turn. And I bet this wont chew through tires quite so bad.

I would recomend a good covering of either some kind of plastic wrap or painters tape for your fenders/doors and things like that.

yeah I definately will probably tape the fuck out of my car, and maybe some cheap generic mud flaps for the day.

xyouthx

slow ass car
um...ok, I'll prepare for that.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
Oh damn, I'm famous! haha. I'm replying to your PM right now xyouthx.

I'll see if I can find a video of the event I did...

Last edited: