GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Christmastime Cruise

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Christmastime Cruise up Route 9 through NY

I was wondering if anyone in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area would want to do a cruise during christmas week, like on the 26th or something that week? I was thinking about driving all the way up route 9 for about 200 miles on the western side and then back down on the eastern side and then maybe stop in NYC or something on the way back? I just did it in June and it's an awesome drive. Lot's of scenery, good driving roads, lots of curves. Good places to stop along the way on both sides. Let me know if anyone is interested. Unfortunately I won't be getting my GTI until the 22nd of December. Awesome christimas gift I guess. Again, let me know if you are interested, and I'll make up a list of who is going. I think it would be fun.

:burnrubber:

Last edited:

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
I'm down for road trips where do you start/end at? I know a few people with MK Vs and a 2003 model GTI. Let me know and ill spread the word.

Drew

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Somewhere around north jersey, Maybe one of the Garden State Parkway reststops. Maybe the last one in NJ and then end in New York City, and hang out there for awhile. All Golf's and GTI's welcome

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
A little far in advance, but I would certainly try to make it:w00t:

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
I know it's really early, but I'll make a list, and also remind everyone again around Thanksgiving. I think that would be a cool cruise, especially ending in NYC. We can hang out there for a few hours afterwards. We have plenty of time though for the route planning, stops, etc...

Temper

Touch my monkey..
I'm down for that. Lemme know !!:rolleyes:

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Drive up Route 9 with MkV's

Are you serious? That is all who wants to go? Jeez I thought it was a cool idea. Come on! =]

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
Since you have made this thread I got 8 people that live around me, all with GTIs that are interested. Maybe if you finalize the plans more then people will have a better idea.

Drew

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Ok I'll come up with something. Do you seriously live in Pittsburg? Isn't that going to be like a 400-500 mile drive just to get to North Jersey?

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
Yes I do live in Pittsburgh. I like my christmas times to be crazy and busy. Good news is I was already planning on coming out to Philly sometime in December. So it would all work out in the end. My friends definitaley would not mind driving out at all.

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
That's cool. Give me some time to make up a route and stops and stuff. I'll keep updating this post with more info when it become's available.

nj devil

Drag Racing Champion
Hey there, know its been awhile since this thread was posted in, but South Jersey guy interested in joining. :burnrubber: