GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv gti vs. Sti

boostedvdub

Ready to race!
Obviously I lost, however not as bad as I expected. We were turning left I was on the outside turnlane, he was on the inside, we rolled off normal, after the corner, in second gear I got on it and he bit. I got a jump, putting maybe 3/4 of a car on him, by beggining/middle of third his front bumper was passing mine, mid fourth i was about 3 feet off his back bumper. We exchanged waves and he turned... Now I wish I had picked up a chip instead of a new camera... car is stock less suspension...

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
lol... Vtec kicked in?

Well I think you could've won. On many magazines, the GTI does quicker in the 1/4 mile than the Si, especially the DSG transmission.

Nonetheless, good race.

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
I believe he said STI, not Si. Big difference. The STI makes 300 Horsepower and is AWD. The Si makes 197 Horsepower and is FWD.

Basically... the wing on the STI adds 60 Horsepower over the WRX.

In short, STI > GTI > Si. :tongue:

boostedvdub

Ready to race!
KaynE said:
lol... Vtec kicked in?

Well I think you could've won. On many magazines, the GTI does quicker in the 1/4 mile than the Si, especially the DSG transmission.

Nonetheless, good race.

you missed one letter, and it totally threw you off... sTi:clap:

thomaschh

Banned
correction - the F1 wing adds 45hp, the huge nostril adds the other 15hp.

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
thomaschh said:
correction - the F1 wing adds 45hp, the huge nostril adds the other 15hp.

Ah.. yes. I'm sorry, miscalculated that one...

Deezz_Nuttz said:
I want to beat an STI...

Good luck with your AWD installation.. =P

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Jibbly said:
Ah.. yes. I'm sorry, miscalculated that one...

Good luck with your AWD installation.. =P

AWD is only useful from a dig... or in corners...

On the highway it doesn't make that huge of a difference... STI is still gonna win though hahaha

GTiMkVtyler

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI MkV
My buddy has an STI and there is absolutely no way that race could even be considered "close." haha. Everything in the STI is different from the WRX, so I'm hoping that spoiler joke was sarcasm. Those things are incredibly powerful.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Deezz_Nuttz said:
I want to beat an STI...
My friend drives around an STI, and let me tell you that car is WICKED. I'm truly impressed with it. The only thing it needs to lose is that wing. Oh, it needs a soul too, its interior is crap quality, and it lacks the soul of the GTI. But when it comes to raw performance, WOW.