GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW: VF Engineering MKV Engine Mounts from NAMotorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion

VF Engineering MKV Engine Mounts Now Available!

VF Engineering has just released their new engine mounts for the MKV cars. These mounts are available for the 2.0T and 2.5L engines. Prices are listed below, as well as links to these items on our website.

PRICING:
VF Engineering MKV Pendulum Engine Mount - $200.00 Shipped
VF Engineering 5 Cylinder Side Engine Mount - $200.00 Shipped
VF Engineering MKV 4 Cylinder Side Engine Mount - $200.00 Shipped
VF Engineering MKV Transmission Mount - $200.00 Shipped

SHIPPING: Free Ground shipping inside the continental U.S. For an expedited shipping quote, or a shipping quote outside of this region, please contact us at 1-877-626-6867

TAX: A 6% Sales Tax will be applied to all orders billed or shipped to a Connecticut address.

HOW TO ORDER: All orders can be processed directly through our website by following the links above. We accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, and Paypal through our secure server. If you would like to pay with a money order, you may do so by checking out through our website, and clicking the 'Pay With Money Order' button.

QUESTIONS: If you have any questions please reply to this post, email us, call us, or IM us using one of the methods below.

Email: sales@namotorsports.net

IM:
AOL Instant Messenger - NAMtrsprts
Yahoo Messenger - NAMtrsprts
MSN Messenger - sales@namotorsports.net

Phone: 1-877-NAMOTORS (626-6867)
Monday thru Thursday - 10AM - 7PM EST
Fridays - 10AM - 5PM EST

Last edited:

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion
Plyngntrffc said:
can someone tell me why this is worth buying?

I'm sure you weren't looking to hear from us since we're selling the items, but here is the basis behind these mounts. Being an owner of a MKV GTI... I have noticed myself that even on a stock 2.0T motor, there is an incredible amount of motor rock, especially going into 2nd and 3rd gear. This movement ultimately means less power is reaching the wheels, and instead being transferred through the factory mounts to the chassis. These VF Engineering engine mounts are considerably more stiff, meaning less motor movement, and more power making it to the ground. These mounts also reduce wheel hop which may be experienced with the stock engine mounts. This is especially true when engine mods are done, such as a performance program and exhaust. Hope that helps you out a little!

NEWLU

Drag Race Newbie
namotorsports said:
I'm sure you weren't looking to hear from us since we're selling the items, but here is the basis behind these mounts. Being an owner of a MKV GTI... I have noticed myself that even on a stock 2.0T motor, there is an incredible amount of motor rock, especially going into 2nd and 3rd gear. This movement ultimately means less power is reaching the wheels, and instead being transferred through the factory mounts to the chassis. These VF Engineering engine mounts are considerably more stiff, meaning less motor movement, and more power making it to the ground. These mounts also reduce wheel hop which may be experienced with the stock engine mounts. This is especially true when engine mods are done, such as a performance program and exhaust. Hope that helps you out a little!

hi,
thanks for the explanation
so does it mean the mounts are only for MT?
im a noob:frown:

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion
NEWLU said:
hi,
thanks for the explanation
so does it mean the mounts are only for MT?
im a noob:frown:

The greatest gain will be seen on manual transmission vehicles. Automatic or DSG transmissions tend to shift a lot more smoothly than a manual transmission which means there is less movement of the motor. If you have an automatic or DSG these can still benefit you if you have engine modifications or track the car at all. Also, these mounts will last longer than the factory mounts, so that is an added benefit as well... looking toward the future anyway! :thumbup:

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion
Hokietuner said:
I'll guarantee you won't find a motor that outlasts a set of motor mounts

Well, that may be true. I guess the idea here is that the VF mounts will not deteriorate at the same rate as the factory mounts, even if you consistently beat on them.

Mr.Fugge

Ready to race!
well what are true benefits of getting it for the DSG? i know you wrote up top but other then that anything else.???

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Less wheel hop. And it may affect us less, but less motor rock still isn't a bad thing.

A side effect of an aftermarket engine mount is usually more noise, vibration and harshness in the cabin... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you feel like you don't hear enough from the engine, mounts will fix that! You hear more from the car, but without an expensive cat-back exhaust that brings the cops running.

Just a thought. :wink:

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion
Less wheel hop. And it may affect us less, but less motor rock still isn't a bad thing.

A side effect of an aftermarket engine mount is usually more noise, vibration and harshness in the cabin... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you feel like you don't hear enough from the engine, mounts will fix that! You hear more from the car, but without an expensive cat-back exhaust that brings the cops running.

Just a thought. :wink:
This is all true. Personally though, I like to be able to feel the motor. It gives me a better idea of how the vehicle is acting in general. Because the DSG is controlled through the ECU, the shifts aren't as hard as when you manually go through the gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.