GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 2.0T 1/4 Mile Shoot Out Moroso May 9th, 2008

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors

Ok its time to put up or shut up! It is going to be held at Moroso Motor sports park in Jupiter, FL. Everyone has more than a month to prepare their cars for Moroso. All cars are welcome to come after all it is a test and tune night, but there will be 4 classes to run in. I’m going to try and set it up so we will have our own time to run on the track after or before the pack of other cars. And try to get it so when you sign in at the front we will get a list of people and be able to keep track of the cars running and their times, or do it during the tech inspection. there are virtually no rules as far as what you can do, strip the interior if you want, throw on a 200 shot if you want to blow your engine on the second run, drag radials. anything you want! I would like to make this event a Bi-yearly event so every six months to keep the rankings updated.
if you even think you might run in the 13s you have to wear a helmet or risk getting thrown out of the park. and just so there is no bickering this is not affiliated with any single club this event is for everyone, if you have a problem with someone don’t bring it to the track or challenge them to a race, I don’t really care just don’t bring your drama to this event. with that said i hope to see all the impressive tuned cars from every company APR/GIAC/REVO/Unitronic! shop cars are also welcome to come out!

I will be updating this thread and the ones on the other sites every few days.

Event starts at 6pm! you must get tech inspected to run and while getting the inspection you will give your name/ user name to me or who ever will be following the tech inspector and asking what class you will be running in.

The 4 Classes

Stg 1 Mk5s
Stg 2 Mk5s
Stg 3 Mk5s
Other 2.0t cars(Audis/anything else with a 2.0T)

there will also be a 2.5 class where anything goes!

info from Moroso's website http://racemoroso.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
Test & Tune is open to all makes & models. $20 to race. $13 to watch. Kids 11 & under are always free. All vehicles must pass safety tech inspection. Drivers running 13.99 & quicker must wear an approved helmet. All drivers must wear long pants & closed-toe shoes. One tech card per driver. Anyone caught racing without a signed tech card will be banned for life. No exceptions. Test & Tune is open every Wednesday & Friday from 6pm-11pm.
If Test & Tune is called due to weather after the halfway point (8:30pm), it will not be a rain out & no rain tickets will be honored. In the event of a rainout, tickets will be valid for three months from date of issue. Must present tickets at gate to receive credit. No cash refunds. No exceptions.

Last edited:

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
hahahaha sick.. hopefully i can get my synro's fixed and be able to run!!! and the dsg's and manual are running in the same class?

Car(s)
06 GTI DSG
right now just bragging rights.. unless you would want to throw down some prizes:biggrin:

hahaha

O NO, looks like this wont be happening, im stock other then my forge spacer..so if theres not a forge spacer group, i guess i cant be allowing this...lol.....jk...i gotta make sure im working that friday..i usually am on fridays, what time are u planning on this? did you speak to anyone at moroso?

Car(s)
06 GTI DSG
right now just bragging rights.. unless you would want to throw down some prizes:biggrin:

hahaha

do you want to rent out the karting track? the karting track is where we do karting of course, beginers drifting and autoX...friday night is test and tune night in from 6 on so do you guys just want to run ur cars all night? i will get something official going..then we can have a pshoot at the end of the night at the skid pad..bring tripods!!!!!! btw, ur taking me for a blast on beeline right?

Car(s)
06 GTI DSG

tattooedMKV

dubber
Car(s)
07 candy white MKV
we need to find a way to get the runs so we can run the differnet class's in the 1/4 but the photoshoot sounds like a good end to the night i guess i'll have to call in sick to work that day since i work night shift so i can go since they don't have test and tune on saturdays

Car(s)
06 GTI DSG
we need to find a way to get the runs so we can run the differnet class's in the 1/4 but the photoshoot sounds like a good end to the night i guess i'll have to call in sick to work that day since i work night shift so i can go since they don't have test and tune on saturdays

considered the pshoot done! me and united will discuss how we will brake down the 1/4 racing...i want a group of stock dsg vs stock manual...stg 1 vs stg1 but for ex stg1 revo vs stg1 apr....and so on...a group where stg2 vs stg2 a group with dsg with same mods as 6spd vs eachother...we can clear up all the talk about whos faster, whats faster...i believe dsg will romp manual at the track but on beeline lol....hypothetically speaking, up top manual may creap up at higher speeds do to less tranny loss...dsg ftmfw tho!

tattooedMKV

dubber
Car(s)
07 candy white MKV
well you see my mods list hopefully a couple of things will change before the track day so i'm not sure what class i'll end up in

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
hahahahaha i dont have good news... well i might be parting my car out before this event!!!! worse comes to worse... ill race in the stock class!

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
how to determine your class

there is now a stock(non chipped class)( you can have anything but a chip so stock boost)

stg 1 = stg 1 chip with anything

stg 2= stg 2 chip with anything!

stg 3= BT with anything

2.0t other class (anything non vw mk5 ie. audi)

2.5 class anything goes

3.2 class anything goes

and possible awards to those who win the 2.0t class no word on the 2.5 and 3.2 classes

Car(s)
06 GTI DSG
lmfao! i was just trying to be nice so i didnt start "forum drama" dsg > 6spd anyway!!! w00hoo!

manuals not creaping up on shit, and pm sent angel!
pm sent OV!