GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV APR STAGE 1 DSG VS 2001 HONDA PRELUDE 5 SPEED

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Seems like it was done up properly, had a nice exaust not some fartcan new paint, dont know if any engline modifications. Pulled away quick wasnt even a competition. He gave me a friendly honk when he passed me. :burnrubber: :respekt:

Turbo Maniac

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm hoping you pulled away from him with no competition. Kinda vague with that one. But I think you won so :thumbsup: It's always nice when you come across respectful drivers who have some sort of sportsmanship.

I had an incounter with a SRT-4. We were in traffic and came to a light. I gave him a nod and waived, I wanted to tell him I liked his car but but he just kept his window up like an ass.

I was in Downtown Orlando, for anyone that knows, it's not the smartest or the safest place to racing, so I wasn't even going to try. Light changes and he tries to take off and boggs the launch and then tries to take off :bellyroll: He didn't beat me by much and I wasn't even trying. Thats why bad drivers make fast cars look slow.

cheers

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Yea its rare to find a non-"ricer" street racer...

I was in traffic the other week and saw a new Civic Coupe Non-SI and they slowed down and we both gave each other the nod and tried to get into some free lanes, but with no luck. We both sorta just shrugged and went our ways.

Good Kill BTW

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
LiquidG said:
Seems like it was done up properly, had a nice exaust not some fartcan new paint, dont know if any engline modifications. Pulled away quick wasnt even a competition. He gave me a friendly honk when he passed me. :burnrubber: :respekt:

how im reading this post it seems like the honda beat you, but im sure you beat him, its just miss leading when you say, he gave me a friendly honk when he passed so as he was pulling from you he honked and waived?

hell my crappy v6 eclipse slowly pulls from that car and i know the GTI will smoke mine, nice kill btw

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
What im not going to slow down lol? I turned left onto my street :p. I dont drive fast on the roads like a crazy man.

GTIWolf23

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
2007 VW Rabbit
I own a 1990 Prelude, I'm waiting for my GTI :D Has anyone ever tried testing a MKV GTI against a 1990 Prelude?

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
What kinda performance numbers do the the prelude's have? I've always thought they are pretty, but never really known much about them. :confused:

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
That doesn't seem like anything to be ashamed of to me. It seems like a fairly light car, is it? Was it NA?

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I havent seen a honda car with a stock turbo. And I think the preludes were heavy. About the same as our GTI.

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
Yea, the prelude is a porker. And with all of my 200 hp at 7000 rpms (before my mods), it is still low on torque. (156 lb/ft at 5250 rpms) I am just really going to miss the Vtec kicking in at high rpms. Oh well.

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Very nice prelude. Always have loved their looks. But, I don't think you'll miss that vtec TOO much once you feel to TORQUE of a GTI. lol. Like everyone says, its the best thing about the car, or at least one of the best. :thumbup: I guess you could say the turbo will take the place of the vtec, but there's no noticable lag. Sry. haha.