GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NT01 on GTi?

turbodsg

Ready to race!
Anyone tried NT01 for track events? How are they compare with R888? I keep hearing good reviews of NT01 and they are also cheaper than the R888.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
I don't have any experience with them but I have heard good things. If you plan to use these in the dry though, you need to get them shaved (also heat cycled while you're at it).

What are you running for events now?

speedform

Ready to race!
Toyo makes the NT01's for Nitto. They're actually very similar in construction to the R888's. I've tracked both and really couldn't say which I liked more. Keep in mind they tend to run wide so plan your size accordingly.

turbodsg

Ready to race!
Cool, I got a set of used 235 40 17" R888 for cheap. I brought them to button willow CCW set 13 on friday, and my gti performed GREAT. It was so fun and gives you so much more confidence than road tires. But I think my HR + koni set up is too soft for R-compounds.

Seems like NT01 is a great set of track tires with a very good price. Will you rub with 255??? and where can I get the flik FTD rims at normal price these days?

BTW, are there any toe setting for GTi?? and what's the width for stock 17"s?

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
255 might require rolled fenders depending on the drop.

As for Flik's- they are hard to come by these days. EdgeRacing has them listed for $160 each but I believe that they are out of stock and backordered.

magilson

Passed Driver's Ed
I currently run the Nitto NT01's in 235/40/17 and love them. They have great cold grip which works well for Autocross and are relatively resilient to higher temps you'd see at a track event. They loose grip predictably when pushed too far and my favorite part is that they wear well so I will see multiple events out of them.

I am also in the market for a set of 17" Flik FTD's and will await their return to production!

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO

tattooedMKV

dubber
Car(s)
07 candy white MKV
yea i got 2 of the last matte ti ones they had and when i talked to them at edge they told me they only had one black one left in stock and 3 matte ti ones and i got 2 of them

speedform

Ready to race!
hmm other than ftds any other suggestions for 235/245 17" tires?

You could look at something from Team Dynamics. Their 1.2's are around 18-19 pounds. There very popular amongst the Spec Miata and Spec BMW E30 classes due to their (somewhat) light weight and strength (very well built wheel). T.D. will be releasing an even lighter version (1.3) soon but currently it's only avail in 19".
Enkei's RPF1's are very light but not as cheap as the Flik's (nothing comes close to the Flik's) but on heavier cars the Enkei's tend to flex under severe load (also known as 'barreling'). I actually broke one during a track session on my old 350z but I think that may have been caused by a botched powdercoating job.

Last edited: