GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Necessary to claybar a new car?

wildstar

Autocross Champion
Just got my Zaino products yesterday. Is it necessary to claybar the car? I've only had it for a few weeks. If it is, do I spot claybar, or do I claybar the entire car? Thanks

gatorfast

man amongst boys
You dont need to clay bar.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
You don't need to, but it certainly wont hurt it at all.

Infact, I'd suggest that you do because it's preferable to start with the cleanest surface you can if you're going to be putting synthetic sealants like Zaino on the car, which can last 6 months or more.

I'd be inclined to clay the whole car so you've removed absolutely everything from the paint before sealing it with Z.

Despite the fact it's only a few weeks old, that doesn't mean there aren't tiny particles of crud already on your paint.

Go for it... :thumbsup: You'll only end up with a more perfect blank canvas to apply Z onto...

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
I did not claybar my car before waxing, and now I wish I had, as I can still feel a few imperfections that the waxing did not take away.

Zaino is the bomb, BTW--just love the finish.

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
I clayed my GTI the 1st week I had it. You won't believe how much crud and crap the clay took out of the paint. Worth considering is the fact that my car was built here and only endured possibly a week standing in a yard and then another 2 days transport by rail to the dealer. If your cars had been standing in a lot awaiting shipping plus being on the water for a week or 2 then I would suggest claying her to get the best possible finish. Clay also as far as I am aware is not abrasive at all, it simply pulls all the crap out of the clear coat as opposed to abrasively rubbing it away as a polish would.