GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Connecticut Crackdown on street races with stolen engines

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
my state is cracking down on street racers with stolen engines. aparently its pretty big here. mostly honda and mitsu engines. was on the news last night

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
in cornwall bridge about 15 mins form amenia, ny

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
yea they are (or were) doing that real big down in south florida...mainly focusing on hondas and nissans

i remember one night at the street races they nailed about 15 people with stolen engines...all of them came from the same dude...lol

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
atomoverride said:
how can they get away with searching your engine area? dont they have to have a warrant?

hrm well u are sorta at the mercy of them when u get caught at the street races...most of the time its either let them search the car and the engine bay or get a nice big ticket for street racing....ill let em search

ZoomBy

Go Kart Champion
i rather take the ticket than get busted for a stolen engine

im from CT, but not too deep in the street racing scene,i havent heard of any of this, im central CT though

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
ZoomBy said:
i rather take the ticket than get busted for a stolen engine

im from CT, but not too deep in the street racing scene,i havent heard of any of this, im central CT though

atleast in florida...its not just a ticket...its jail...lol

for illegal street racing its like 600$...impound of car...and a night in jail

but its all how the cop wants to handle it...most of the time u get a ticket for exibition of speed on a highway or something like that

but if u are caught racing at one of the local hangouts...then most of the time the cops have been there already once and they will take u to jail

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
You steal the whole car and take what you want from it, then ditch the rest.

I had no idea this was an epidemic...