GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRT4 from a 2nd gear roll....

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Well, at least I expected he would beat me down. The look on his face was priceless as I put a car on him in 2nd, maintained in 3rd, then his hp to weight took over and he got me in 4th. I had him to 80 or so, so I feel proud. We hung out afterwards and he bought it used two days ago and all I could "see" was an aftermarket blow off. Afterwards I embarrassed a new white Si, which upset me some as he hit it first in first gear then I walked away. I'll give that one to brand new and taking it easy. At least it was white. I'll be looking for him again in a month or so, give him some time.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
grats man

i wish where i lived was more "racer friendly"...i would love to run up on some punks in an Si or something

maybe if i move back home...ill be able to whip some kids up

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I gotta get it to the strip, but I'm not going when it's in the 90's. That just takes the fun out of it for me, not to mention kills performance.

Hypnoz

Go Kart Champion
Must of been something wrong with his car. Sounds fishy he got is used and the old owner already had mods on it. Likely a boost leak.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Too bad you weren't driving his. We talked afterwards. There was nothing wrong with that car. Like I said, he pulled away in 4th from 80 on. You're only talking a car this is a 13.80-14.20 car vs 14.40-14.60. I ran many a car at the track in my Z28 that had me at the 1/8th mile only to see me blow by. I know I don't want any more until I have my "chip". I actually watched guys run 14.50's in stock SRT's.

Hypnoz

Go Kart Champion
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying either (A) he couldnt drive, or (B) somethings wrong with the car. Boost leaks are very common on the car.

He should of pulled away in 2nd. A huge amount of those cars dyno 220-240whp stock, and they way in at least 200 lbs less than a GTI, and if it was an 04+ it had an LSD.

They have about a 6mph difference in the 1/4 on average and a .7 difference in 1/4 mile. I've seen them run high 14's stock. Though, at that track everything is +1.0 sec where they should be. (EVO's/STi's running low 14s, etc).

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Hypnoz said:
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying either (A) he couldnt drive, or (B) somethings wrong with the car. Boost leaks are very common on the car.

He should of pulled away in 2nd. A huge amount of those cars dyno 220-240whp stock, and they way in at least 200 lbs less than a GTI, and if it was an 04+ it had an LSD.

They have about a 6mph difference in the 1/4 on average and a .7 difference in 1/4 mile. I've seen them run high 14's stock. Though, at that track everything is +1.0 sec where they should be. (EVO's/STi's running low 14s, etc).

So the driver isn't a pro driver and didn't turn out professional test times, so what?

He kept up with the SRT4 easy because the kid couldn't drive it well yet. He stated that the owner had owned the car for only 2 days. He's not saying he stomped the SRT4. he said he pulled ahead a bit then the SRT took him after 80mph.

So what if OTHER SRT4's run certian times. This one didn't do the "norm"

Just let him tell his story instead of destroying it with numbers and what should have/could have/would have happened. I mean if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass everytime it jumped but, he's not crying.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
As far as him not being able to drive, I'm not trying to continually toot my horn, but he has had quite a bit faster cars and we went from a 2nd gear roll. Not much rocket science there. As for something being wrong or a boost leak, that might me a possibility, but he knows how to shift and floor it, trust me there. Maybe because mine is a no option car it's just faster than a lot of them? I have outrun way more cars that even I thought I should have, but a kill is a kill right? I must mention, I'm not some young punk who boxes my opponent in or gets the jump on purpose. I let whoever have a fair chance and be by my door. I've even let off briefly give the other guy benefit of the doubt.
Like I said before, I got beat in my Z28 in the 1/8th by what I knew were slower cars then blew by them. I don't know how it would have been had we went from a dead dig.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
I took what I assume was a stock srt from a light,.....possible inexperienced driver though.

New Civic Si's are easy to take.

Raced a couple of worked srt's and got my ass handed too me.

Got outrun by an older gen civic turbo, dumped, but then caught him in some twisties about a mile down the road.

I could care less whether I win or lose, it's just fun to drive such a well rounded car, and know I can at least keep up.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Me too. I gave the new white Si the "I'm breaking it in mulligan". Then I read this last 4 car review and everyone said it has a serious lack of thrust. I'm guessing it's much like a stock WRX. I love the fact that I don't have to rev like a mad man to take off. Did I mention I have the summer 17's?????? :burnrubber: