GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

radar laser blocker...has anyone got one of these??

mongyUK

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that you can get a radar jammer to stop speed guns from getting you....I wanted to know if the mobile vans in the Uk use the same laser?? or do these jammers or "garage door openers" just work on the police guns that they sometimes use??

I dont really speed that much...but its just one of those things!!??

If these are crap then are there any good radar detectors avaliable for a reasonable price?? 200 squid ish??

Edrock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
i dont know about over there, but over here if they know that radar jammers are highly illegal, and will probally lead to more trouble than they are worth. I would just suggest spend the extra $$ and get a V1

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
They are very illegal. Some guy who had one on his Range Rover and got caught with it on was jailed IIRC - he said it was for his garage door, but when police visited his premises they found that the garage door was manually operated. Laser detectors are also against the law now as of 18/01/2008. Police in the UK use laser, not radar. If you want a good speed camera locator w/ removable laser detector can I suggest a device from Pogo or Road Angel? I have the Pogo hardwired in my car and it's great (has a removable laser detector as well) (device is on the left, screen is a bit washed out in photo though)

GT Seller

Hi Guys, I work for a company that manufactures and imports various laser diffusers (Jammers) and GPS speed camera detectors.
To clear up some myths- Radar and laser DETECTORS are NOT illegal.... YET.. there has been for years plans to introduce a law similar to that in mainland Europe but at present you are still allowed to buy sell and use DETECTORS.
However, Radar is only used in a very small amount of police forces now- Essex use what is called Mini-Gatso... basically a portable Gatso speed camera. Northumberland also use this. As for the hairdrier type hand held devices and 99% of all mobile van speed traps these all use laser.
Laser Diffusers are legal to buy and sell but they are illegal to use... its a very grey area as even if you are stopped with them fitted to your vehicle they still have to prove that they have been used to avoid being caught speeding. IN cumbria a gentlemen was arrested for using them consistantly as the mobile speedtrap operator had noted his reg. plate as an error occured... after this happened 3 times they got a warrant and stripped his car... The sentence can be severe and I have heard instances of people being jailed- though Im not convinced these are true... Even so the fines are serious and you shouldnt consider these products lightly.
Having said that, I have been using various makes of these jammers for 5 years now- hqaving helped me on numerous occassions. They will only help you against laser!!
My new golf has Laser diffuser/ Parking sensors fitted... I will be testing these fully next week with a laser gun to see how good they are.