GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

giac gti vs. apr ko4 mk4 gli

Madface

Euro King
Car(s)
Golf GTI
me and my friend got bored last night so we dcided to go do a couple pulls. i have an mk5 gti with giac software and k&n drop-in filter. he has an 04 gli with APR k04 upgrade, front mount, intake, turbo inlet pipe, 3" turbo-back...

both pulls were done from about 60mph in 3rd gear. right away i jumped out about 1/2 a car length, and then he would stay right at the back of my door until somewhere around 130, then he started creeping back up next to me.

both were good runs, i'm really happy with the GIAC software :thumbup: . here's a couple of crappy videos of the pulls:
first run
second run

Madface

Euro King
Car(s)
Golf GTI
they're 18s but yes i was running them. not sure how much they weigh, i think the ups label said 37 lbs each and that's with the tire.

Madface

Euro King
Car(s)
Golf GTI
i didn't notice it very much, maybe a little more power (4-5 hp). i found it online for $40 and free shipping so i picked it up.

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
Have you run at Bithlo yet? We basically have the same mods and I'm going out there tonight. Just curious.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Yes!! 2 punk-ass twin brothers at my work (yes they work at the same job, that's how sad they are) have matching black 2005 GLI's. They both constantly run their mouths about being able to "take" my GTI. They're stock besides exhaust and intake, and I am completely stock. I just thought that with that little extra power and less weight it would be too even of a race. Now i'll have to be sure to invite them both out to a little event we do round here, and beat them both at the same time.:burnrubber:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
4-5 hp from just a K&N for $40 is a nobrainer for me. I gotta local dealer who'll sell me one for $40.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
MHS216 said:
Yes!! 2 punk-ass twin brothers at my work (yes they work at the same job, that's how sad they are) have matching black 2005 GLI's. They both constantly run their mouths about being able to "take" my GTI. They're stock besides exhaust and intake, and I am completely stock. I just thought that with that little extra power and less weight it would be too even of a race. Now i'll have to be sure to invite them both out to a little event we do round here, and beat them both at the same time.:burnrubber:

Proof of this in my other thread! Chipped, Intake'd MK4 GTI 1.8T both from a light and on the highway. I'm stock! Take them out =)

S

Madface

Euro King
Car(s)
Golf GTI
redGTI said:
Have you run at Bithlo yet? We basically have the same mods and I'm going out there tonight. Just curious.
haven't been to the track, my last experience (in my 02 1.8t) wasn't good so i'm still a little freaked out about taking it out there.

Wantagti said:
4-5 hp from just a K&N for $40 is a nobrainer for me. I gotta local dealer who'll sell me one for $40.
i definitely think it's worth the $40. $40 for 4-5 hp or $200 for a K+ where you lose power and constantly run a cel... i'll take the K&N :laugh: