GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG in Canada

PotentialGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks!! Guess its time to find a new dealer. I was sold DSG in June, 4 door in Aug, and 4 months to order a new one to specs ( 4 months to have it made in Germany and shipped to canada..?!)

RevengeTO

Passed Driver's Ed
DSG available now..

Hey,

There are cars with DSG now, but only if you want white or red. I ordered black with leather and was told late April or early May. Dying of the wait anyway though!

Hope that makes you feel a little better!

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I ordered mine (white/stick/roof) and it will be in the second shipment, I expect it late April. I test drove both and wasn't especially impressed with the DSG. I found that on downshifts it had a stutter and if you were using the engine for any kind of speed/chassis input, it threw things out of synch. I haven't heard a date for the four door model ("later" was the exact phrase) and same with the 18" wheels. My dealer is waiting to order his until the 18's are available.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
RevengeTO said:
Hey,

There are cars with DSG now, but only if you want white or red. I ordered black with leather and was told late April or early May. Dying of the wait anyway though!

Hope that makes you feel a little better!

Diddums. Come and live in Australia, and, like me, you'll have to wait at least 9 months. Could end up being 11 months. Now that's a long wait.

RevengeTO

Passed Driver's Ed
PotentialGTI said:
guess, I guess it will be a while for me to get my hands on a Black DSG leather with 18inch

I was told specifically that if I wanted a car sooner rather than later that the 18" wheels were definetly a no-go, so I just opted to stick with the 17s.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
My Dealer is waiting to order his GTI because the 18's aren't available yet. His best eta at this point is fall, the same time as the 5 door release. Also, I have heard rumors of a set number of gti's comming into Canada, so don't wait too long if you really HAVE to have one...

RevengeTO

Passed Driver's Ed
My Baby is Almost here!

I phoned my dealer this past week and he confirmed that the car arrived in port (Halifax) and that it would be a couple weeks from that point.

So... I'm assuming since he set me up with expectations that I wouldn't get it till end of April/Early May that he's doing the same thing...

Woooo!

I'm having them install the iPod interface as soon as it comes in as well.

:thumbup:

feta99

Passed Driver's Ed
Canadian GTI delivered today

I just picked up my Black GTI with DSG today. I ordered it a week ago and the dealer was able to source one for me. Can't wait till engine is broken-in!

Cheers,
Tom