GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pine tree sap...

wildstar

Autocross Champion
I'm going on a chain-saw spree.... some pine tree at my apartment complex sapped all over the front of my car... ive used that goo-gone stuff, but you can still see, and feel, where the globs of sap were. What should I do? Thanks.:mad:

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
Sap

I have a white Lincoln LS and I had that problem. On a white car the sap really shows up and it pissed me off. But there is this cleaner out there which is safe to use on cars, its called "tornado". You will want to wash your car or specific spots and then go ahead and wash your car again with your regular car wash. This stuff is really strong and is safe with your paint and really does the trick.

Drew

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
Mateya49 said:
I have a white Lincoln LS and I had that problem. On a white car the sap really shows up and it pissed me off. But there is this cleaner out there which is safe to use on cars, its called "tornado". You will want to wash your car or specific spots and then go ahead and wash your car again with your regular car wash. This stuff is really strong and is safe with your paint and really does the trick.

Drew

Where you get that stuff? Tornado?

Is Goo-Gone safe for clear coat?

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
"Tornado"

You can probably get tornado at any car auto parts store but it will not usually be in with the regular car wash. Sometimes its with some other cleaners and solvents. I had heard about the stuff from a bunch of older guys I was talking to at a car show. They know what they are talking about and even use it on their classic cars.

Its actually not a bad idea to wash your car with the stuff every once in a while, it will take off the deep down dirt that regular car-wash cannot take off. It is a very strong cleaner so it needs to be diluted.

As far as goo-gone, I'm not totally sure if that would work. I never used it before on a car so I dont want to tell you anything that I dont know about.

Drew

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
goo-gone is safe for clearcoats, i recently used it to clean off all the adhesive residue that was left after i peeled off my ugly-ass pin stripes, but as for tree sap...dunno if it is strong enough to get that off...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Bug & tar remover than a clay bar with a spray detailer liquid.

wildstar

Autocross Champion
um... no one move to northern nj... apparently we have exploding trees up here... theres more on my car!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
wildstar said:
um... no one move to northern nj... apparently we have exploding trees up here... theres more on my car!

anywhere in jersey for that matter...pine tree capital of the world :tongue:

wildstar

Autocross Champion
heres an example of one of the exploding pine trees up here... see what im dealing with!!!!

Attachments

• roottrunk.close-50.jpg
    roottrunk.close-50.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 502

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
lol...when my family first moved into our present house 18 years ago, we had 6 pine trees in a relatively small yard...now we have one. good ole wind shear!