GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any of you WA guys defer a ticket before?

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
I got nailed on I90 west a couple days ago.... marked down to 90 in a 70. I was paced by an undercover cop. $175

Anyways, have you guys ever done this? What is the process? The back of the ticket did not saying anything about a deferral and the steps necessary to complete it

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
when you defer a ticket you have to check the second box called mitigation. then you will get a letter in the mail with a piece of paper where you can write your written statement saying that you would like to use your deferal. or you can request a court date and physically go to court to get the deferal. i went to court cuz i didnt know what to write and all the judge said was asking of i want to use the deferal and that it was a 100 dollar fee...pretty easy.

or you can hire a traffic attorney to try and get the ticket dismissed. thats what i did for my second ticket and now i have a clean record(would have 2 on my record if i didnt get that lawyer).

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
this state seriously needs to bump the speed limits up a bit, 60 on the highway is ridiculous it should be 65 in town so you don't have to sweat driving 70 and 75 outside of town so 80s fine and neg driving shouldn't kick in till twice the limit. I've always thought tiered speed limits were the best idea though. Keep the rice, rust and trucks safe and let people with real cars use em

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
when you defer a ticket you have to check the second box called mitigation. then you will get a letter in the mail with a piece of paper where you can write your written statement saying that you would like to use your deferal. or you can request a court date and physically go to court to get the deferal. i went to court cuz i didnt know what to write and all the judge said was asking of i want to use the deferal and that it was a 100 dollar fee...pretty easy.

or you can hire a traffic attorney to try and get the ticket dismissed. thats what i did for my second ticket and now i have a clean record(would have 2 on my record if i didnt get that lawyer).

Ok, so I do not have to do it in person? I got it in Ritzville... about 200 milesaway from school/Seattle

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
this state seriously needs to bump the speed limits up a bit, 60 on the highway is ridiculous it should be 65 in town so you don't have to sweat driving 70 and 75 outside of town so 80s fine and neg driving shouldn't kick in till twice the limit. I've always thought tiered speed limits were the best idea though. Keep the rice, rust and trucks safe and let people with real cars use em

yeah I know. Lots of cars nowadays can get up to 90-100 quite easily, but in the end, reaction speeds are decreased at higher speeds. That coupled with all the shitty drivers on the road, who do very unpredictable things, could lead to more accidents

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
ya i think they way things are right now are good. youre just asking for it when going 30mph over the speed limit.

well pardon me for learning to drive in New Mexico where if you aren't doing a 110 on the highway everyone passes you

Von Wolfhausen

eurogasmic
Car(s)
GTI 337 edition
dude Ritzville county BLOWS! we've gotten ticketed there too, going about 90, they're just tards who've got nothing better to do out there..

best of luck with your ticket issue! bastards...

thomaschh

Banned
If the speed limits were any higher I wouldn't be able to drive my bug on the freeway. That would suck.

What they need to do is enforce the freakin' left lane as a high-speed lane only. That would fix A LOT of damn problems IMO. Maybe they should have a special test and license endorsement to be able to drive in the left lane and make the speed limit 85. No old people, no SUVs, no women drivers. Just kidding. Kinda. Lol.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
dude Ritzville county BLOWS! we've gotten ticketed there too, going about 90, they're just tards who've got nothing better to do out there..

best of luck with your ticket issue! bastards...

ya a cop flipped a bitch on the highway and pulled me over for no front license plate lol..he then just let me off with a warning...seriously was was the point haha.

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
yeah the cop was driving a white Dodge Charger. He was in the right lane, I didn't notice it was a cop of course (nothing distinguishable about the car... heavy tint on the windows though - but I did not notice) and passed him doing about 85 to 90. Oddly enough the road suddenly opened up and I pushed it up around 100 and that is when he pulled me over. He actually got someone else too. Anyways, he comes to the window and says that I probably knew why I was being pulled over... and I smiled and said yes. He came back with my ticket for 175 and said he could have written me up for reckless driving but because I didn't give him any shit he decided not to

Lesson: don't argue

90 West was crazy on Friday. If I had not gotten caught there I would have later down the road. I got zapped by laser 2 times, was hit with 2 instant ons, and there were like 3 other cops pacing people along the way. Last time I ever hit I90 at that time of day

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
I tried to get on porol (sp) after I got a ticket going 53 in a 25 (35 on paper, the cop was kinda cool). I couldnt get it defered but I did get it slightly discounted. Then again this was about 3 months after I got my license. If I remember right you have to mail in the ticket saying you want to go to court over it and possibly wave it on the grounds of no traffic infractions for a year or so.

westcoaster05

I just got a ticket this last weekend in the same area. On my way back, I passed at least 8 cops east of the pass. Pulling people over on Easter! Lame.