GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Florida Tuners

myfastsilver

My Beef...Strong!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Any recommendations for a good tuner in South Florida? Preferably between dade and broward counties. I haven't made up my mind as to which software I'm going to choose. I'm looking for low to mid range grunt, ie driveability and sticking to stage 1. I'm leasing so I don't want to go crazy with mods. Just want a good tune from a good dealer that I can go back to incase something happens. Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
moved

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Earlier post from someone who asked the same thing. Have fun reading cause everyone is a politician at heart lol. I prefer A&L performance because of good people and good prices but that being said is going to start another fight since some cannot take someone else giving there opinion if its not theres.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37184

tattooedMKV

dubber
Car(s)
07 candy white MKV
i think it's all in your dealings with the shops there are some people that don't like one shop or another and also it depends on what parts you are lookin in to because some shops have apr,giac,revo,unitronics

myfastsilver

My Beef...Strong!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Earlier post from someone who asked the same thing. Have fun reading cause everyone is a politician at heart lol. I prefer A&L performance because of good people and good prices but that being said is going to start another fight since some cannot take someone else giving there opinion if its not theres.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37184

Wow. You weren't kidding. Didn't mean to stir up the pot. I'm not really looking to install down pipes or exhausts, etc. Just a good tuner that will warrant their work in case the dealer flashes to normal. Want to stay stage 1 only. I noticed each person has their own opinion about chips. Looking for something with low to mid grunt. Which would be best, unitronics, apr, revo, neuspeed?

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
APR which i have is very conservative, Revo is more aggresive and plus you have sps, Giac/Garrett was aggressive but not that many people have them now but are still very good, and Unitronics has made a name for themselves as having a stage 1 mkv do 14.2 14.1 and recently a stage 2 mkv ran 13.7 quarter.

In my opinion if you want something conservative and something that some dealers actually chip there cars with is APR. That is my opinion but do some research on all the companies because everyone is a "certified mechanic," and will make another controversial fight over who's better again.

myfastsilver

My Beef...Strong!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looks like I'm in between APR and GIAC. Revo is cheaper but I'm not crazy about their AFR...a bit lean judging by a couple dyno sheets posted on this site. Anyone have experiences with Auto Dreams in Coral Springs and Euro Auto Tuning in Miami Gardens? Anyone switch from APR to GIAC or vice versa? What are your thoughts?

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
well i was just down at Euro Auto Tuning last night for a bbq they sponsored for our club and they are a great bunch of guys, i have not had too much experence with autodreams but they are a good shop and know what thier doing. personally i would do Unitronic. i dont like GIAC becasue it does not have a real stg 2 program. and i dont like apr because it does not have enough power unless you do the fuel pump and stg 1 was just a top speed limiter remover when i had it. A&L performance will hook you up with Unitronic if you decide to go that route. but to each is own, good luck with your decision, any company you will notice instant power but i do believe that unitronic has the most power at the safest range.

myfastsilver

My Beef...Strong!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
well i was just down at Euro Auto Tuning last night for a bbq they sponsored for our club and they are a great bunch of guys, i have not had too much experence with autodreams but they are a good shop and know what thier doing. personally i would do Unitronic. i dont like GIAC becasue it does not have a real stg 2 program. and i dont like apr because it does not have enough power unless you do the fuel pump and stg 1 was just a top speed limiter remover when i had it. A&L performance will hook you up with Unitronic if you decide to go that route. but to each is own, good luck with your decision, any company you will notice instant power but i do believe that unitronic has the most power at the safest range.

Not to concerned about going stage 2 or bolting on. I'm leasing too so I want out of the box performance of stage 1. I'm curious about unitronics. How's the power delivery? Smooth or jolting? Top or low end or both? Seems like Unitronics is the least used here. How many miles have you logged on it? I'm really leaning towards GIAC but still haven't made up my mind.

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
i have 20,000 miles on the car and have not had a single problem with it, i had 1 fuel cut but that was my fault for just sitting in 6th gear and pulling from 60mph and boosting 18 psi constant on the stock fuel pump. the power is the smoothest i have felt out of all the chips. the low end is great and the top end.. lets just say ive topped out the gauge ;)

honestly its all personal preference, i do know that apr and revo both offer 5 hour free trials, so you might want to give that a shot, i think uni has one too but im not sure if they have released it yet.

but in all honesty if your going for just stg 1 go unitronic stg 1+. they offer the most power for stg 1

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
If you want linear power with the ability to go BT Unitronics is a good choice. Revo, and Giac are good choices but if I had to pick either I rather do Giac. Unitronics I haven't heard of any bad comments from them. I would check them out because I am even considering it because of the numbers cars have ran with it. I remember reading the first time Unitronics went out to Waterfest 14 with there MKV they ran around 14.1/14.2 with there stage 1 MKV. That is pretty impressive but do more research I have APR but if I had to do it again I would of went with Unitronics not because my local shop uses it. I just like it more because not that many people have it and I like being different than others that all buy the same chip.

chacho_25

Ready to race!
Looks like I'm in between APR and GIAC. Revo is cheaper but I'm not crazy about their AFR...a bit lean judging by a couple dyno sheets posted on this site. Anyone have experiences with Auto Dreams in Coral Springs and Euro Auto Tuning in Miami Gardens? Anyone switch from APR to GIAC or vice versa? What are your thoughts?

I go for everything to Auto Dreamz, I like them. They keep it real, and do a good job. The only thing I did not get with them was my chip cause I'm APR, but would not mind changing though:rolleyes: fule cuts are killing me.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Well with being Stage 1 APR I dont think hell have a single fuel cut. I had the APR stage 1 for two years and this year I switched to stage 2 and only experienced a fuel cut 2 times. Most companies had experienced a fuel cut and some never get one. For example running aggressive with Revo I have seen a few people with fuel cuts and with APR stage 2 people experienced fuel cuts. Anyways if you up the boost and air/fuel ratio's everyone knows another part of the car will be stressed to a limit and result in something like a fuel cut or boost leak. I don't think complaining about a company giving fuel cuts make them bad. In my opinion from what I learned with cars you cannot just fix up one part of it and expect everything else to work flawlessly. By the way nice farhenheit. :w00t: