GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Me Vs. 2.0L Sentra

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
I was driving around and a kid pulled up toi me who i know driving a like 99 sentra 2.0L, not the SPEC-V. He said he had the sr20 engine w/ cams, pullies, header, intake, and full 2.25inch exhaust, flywheel, and clutch and said he would pull on me cause ill i have is REVO. So we did 3 runs. The first was from a 20mph roll, i was in 2nd gear and he was in 1st, and i pulled about 3 cars on him before he shut down. Second race was from a dig at a light. Revved to 3500 and dropped, and i pulled about a buslenght or so before he stopped. The 3rd race was from a 40mph role and we both were in 2nd. I told him to go first and i let him pull a car before i went, i caught him and just kept pulling for a few car lengts then i shut down. He had alot of work done to the car so i thought it would be a good challenge for the first with the REVO, and i was happy with the results.

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
ya dude....he was def amazed, when we were going back he wouldnt even pull up next to me

candy white gti

Autocross Champion
:burnrubber: i wouldnt doubt that cause when i got revo i was extremely impressed with the results. what setting are you running by the way.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
nice kills

DevlynSyde

Passed Driver's Ed
trick000 said:
How embarassing for him.

Its a 6 year old car (2000/2001) .. embarassing? :)

I own the SE as he does.. looking forward to buying a 07 DSG GTI :)

The car stock has 145 hp, with all the mods, maybe 155 whp.. the question is why he thought he stood a shot at all..

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
alf said:
definantly wasnt worth the race.

its like u just picked on him...

lol true but......he's the one that claimed he would pull on me, at first i wasnt going to run, but he was like oh that it for hp w/ the chip. So i thought id give it a shot and hoped id prove him wrong.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm bone stock and easily outran a Spec-V. Car was yellow, guy was around 30, and he pulled right up to me and was riding me hard, aggressive, and very close to my bumper. I was just cruising, behind a slower car... I didn't mind, I was in no rush. I have a thing against yellow cars, and this guy was annoying, so when the car in front moved over I decided to gun it instead of moving over myself and letting him pass. I just kept pulling further and further away the faster we went, until we were approaching a busier area and I let off... he then zoomed by me and kept booking it all the way to the light.

S

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
heres my adventure with my old spec-V...

fully stock = 135WHP, 145WTQ
fully bolted and tuned = 150WHP, 160TQ
full Turbo, STG3 = 318WTH, 290WTQ

so if you race a spec-v and beat it, dont be too excited about it ;-) because it really isnt shit without F/I in a straight line.

the spec-v is more of a track day car.

alf

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Are those dyno numbers? Isn't the spec-v rated at 175hp? How would it put up 40hp less? Either you're talking about something I'm missing, or they're highly overrated.

S

MKVboi

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
DevlynSyde said:

The car stock has 145 hp, with all the mods, maybe 155 whp.. the question is why he thought he stood a shot at all..

He said he had an SR20

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
DevlynSyde said:

Bish, you better save your money and get to work on that house!!:tongue:

oh yeah...and welcome! what took your ass so long?

Last edited: