GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many of you shuffle steer?

moofs

well, do you? Or do you do, hand over hand.
I shuffle steer with whatever I do but once in awhile I'll cross hands.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
you mean cross arms?

i think the proper technique is to cross arms, with hands at 9 and 3 o'clock.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
I shuffle, its safer and generally considered proper technique. Plus it keeps your hands in the proper position to make quick corrections if needed.

chadman

Old Guy with Young Car
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
Hmmm. I had to think about this...

I usually cross arms until I'm upsidedown hands at 9 and 3, then if I still need more steering input I'll switch to one hand stationary on the wheel and shuffle with the other. (picture one hand staying at 9 o'clock moving with the wheel while the other stays at 3 o'clock but doesn't move with the wheel).

That's probably horrible technique...

xyouthx

slow ass car
definately shuffle, that's pretty much unanimously what I've been told is proper technique. NEver want your arms to cross

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
I shuffle. I was tought to do this when I was doing my ambulance driving course, as a method to avoid tying yourself in a knot with a hand mic cord while driving and I have been doing it ever since. Occasionally I will palm the wheel when I am in parking lots, but that is about my only bad habit...... well bad driving habit that is.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
I took me a while for shuffleing to become 2nd nature. Its deffinitly not something you can learn the theory behind and then immediately apply it to the track, its something you need turn into a reflex instead of something you have to think about.

-h2n-

VW-Cowboy-Monkey
i use one hand. no need to shuffle or cross...

ocasionally ill do kung fu steering where you put your palm on the wheel and do like a "wax-on,wax-off" motion... :smile: