GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

celica GT

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
This isn't a racing story, more of an embarrasing encounter with a ricer.

so i get off the expressway onto the service road, trying to make a right turn. i get into the turning lane, and get behind this kid in a celica gt ( the slower of the "looks fast" cars). This kid starts reving up his car when he saw me. Now for sec, the vibrations from his tin can shook my steering wheel. i could have swore something was wrong with the car at first. lowered the radio and windows, and heard his POS getting loud.

we make the right, onto a two lane road and he try's racing me. he guns it, ( imagine being surronded by a fleet of UPS trucks, all with gardners on the back holding weedwackers, LOUD and obnoxious) and goes nowhere. i give it a little gas
shoot a couple car lengths ahaid, & tried saving my ears.

so this dumb ass pulles up to me at the next light & starts screaming out the window,

"what do you have in that thing, blah blah balh shit shit shit i'm a tool, blah blah blah"

i asked him, how many lawns he's cut with his lawn mower. he gives me a retarded look, & then rides my ass like a tough guy, when the road turns into 1 lane.

i brake checked that tool, sent him into the shoulder slamming on his brakes! lol :headbang:

a couple of cars went around him, and he just disappeared.

MKVboi

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Hahahah! Oh boy, do ricers not realize how slow their cars are? Seriously, why do they even bother racing ppl? Have they not felt true speed from an actual sports car? -_-"

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
but the beauty of it is it's almost always the fault of the person behind, heh. Anyway, while I think the GTI's are quick, I wouldnt consider them a sports car. I look at em more of a hot hatch type car.

Of course I'm probably biased from driving my close friend's 1993 Twin Turbo RX-7 w/ mods. The thing would break the rear end loose under full throttle when the second turbo spooled up at 4500rpm in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. That was a quick reality check for sure.

Where on LI are you? I'm in the Deer Park area (non ricer thank you)...still waiting for my GTI.

funnycar

Autocross Champion
gatorfast said:
good story...but break checking is very dangerous! :eek:

Using proper tactical skills during daylight, it's actually safe to scare the fuck outta dumbasses. :biggrin:

gotboost

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Gay celicas

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
i had some idiot tailing me last night and i did the Jersey Tap, taping just for lights no actually stopping, and he slowed down really fast, then he pulled ahead of me (and i knew there was a cop in the area, i saw him get on with me) he got pulled over like 2 seconds after he passed me, i laughed the whole way home.

Karel S

Ready to race!
I had an encounter with one of those ugly ass new celicas as well
(huge fart-can exhaust included).

We were on a two lane highway driving in the left lane. When he saw me pulling up behind him he dropped a gear and floored it. I kept up with him without even giving full throttle. After having to slow down for traffic he does the same thing again. This time I just kept it in 6th and passed him easily on the right, because he wouldn't move over.

It was kinda funny how that ricer even thought he had a chance.