GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dominated by a truck.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So I'm on my way home, get off the highway, and hit the first light that leads to a long straight stretch of road before you hit the second light, which leads into town directly. I pull up next to a nice looking new model Grand Cherokee. It says SRT-8 on it, and it looks mean. Keep in mind, before the following sequence of events, I had no idea what was in this thing. I know the SRT branding, and I know they make nice stuff, but I really didn't know what kind of beast this was. The guy inside it, and his girlfriend, both looked quite young and the car was plated F, which means company car here. I figured it was a slightly boosted Cherokee V8, but nothing major. He looked at me, I looked at him, and I just knew he would take off when it turned green. I thought to myself: "meh, he's heavy, I'm not, and we don't have too far to go... could be interesting". Wrong? This thing friggin GOES. It had two lengths on me before I even realized what happened.

I'm impressed, I want one. Looks awesome, hauls ass... damn. I don't think my wallet would appreciate the gas I'd have to put in it, but screw it... if I get a promotion anytime soon, I gotta find me a slightly used SRT-8 to accompany the GTI =)

S

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Dude,

i love that car sooo much - i'm thinking about dumping the rubicon & picking one up!!

steeevo

Oval Newbie
Beast is a understatement. This car and the Porsche Turbo S compete for the worlds fastest suv..Well here are the stats.
Taken from www.off-road.com,
"Powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI producing 415 horsepower (85 more horses and 25 percent more power than the 5.7-liter HEMI-equipped 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee) and 410 lb.-ft. of torque, the all-new 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8’s performance numbers include 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the low 19-second range, and 60-0 mph braking distance of approximately 125 feet."

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
haha yeah man, there is no shame in being dominated by such an awesome suv...if i had money to throw away, i'd have one of those :thumbup:

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
I'm having my dad drive one just for fun. Considering he is in the market for a new SUV (even though he knows wat hes getting there is no harm in driving such afun vehicle) You wanna really be killed by an SUV, there are a few Cayenne TURBO S around here, those FLY.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
If it makes it over here, the new MB SUV is crazy...

CAR: Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG
PRICE: £60,000 [est]
ENGINE: 6.3-liter V8 510hp/465lb-ft
PERFORMANCE: 0-60mph 4.9s / Max Speed 155mph (Governed)

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
steeevo said:
Beast is a understatement. This car and the Porsche Turbo S compete for the worlds fastest suv..Well here are the stats.

I think you should add in a straight line... The Jeep fails miserably when it comes to handling where the Cayenne Turbo is excellent for its weight and size.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
If I remember right, the GC SRT8 sells for around 60k USD. That's quite a bit of change for a GC. There's about a dozon cars I would get if I were to spend that much money before I bought the GC. But it is a powerhouse.

AlainLeon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i agree, that srt-8 cherokee is an animal....but just remember...its not a GTI :) and if it gets too confident on a turn, it will flip over 5 times! :thumbup:

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I agree that for that amount of change there are nicer things to be had, especially if you include used cars in your search. Thing is though, a sub 5 second truck that looks and sounds this nice, is definitely appealing to me. I have a GTI, and I'm bound to modify the suspension at some point, so if I want a carver I've got one... this truck though, would be awesome to take up to the cottage. I love the growl, and it's nice to know I could spank some very nice cars with something this big.

S

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
we only have the srt-8 300c in australia wish we had the Grand Cherokee srt-8